My Bioactive Setup - Introducing Monet, my new Panther!

What a beautiful cage :)
Is that a Galapagos Moss Vine running through the cage? If so I'm curious what your thoughts are on it - I've been considering using them but I've only seen them online.
Welcome to the forums!

It is!!! I got it on Amazon. I love it! The moss is FIRMLY adhered to the vine and the vine is bendable, still holding place (wire inside). I think it looks great and Monet seems to like it. Also it holds moisture and he drinks from the drops. He also eats the moss on occasion. I dont know if this is good or bad... I tried introducing a Kale alternative, but he prefers the moss.

I also bought their sheet moss for decorating. I recommend because it is green, not brown. And from what I understand in the reviews, it can come back to life and start growing again.

Outstanding! Love your panther bro AWESOME WORk!

Thank you!! He is a gem! Getting much more comfortable with handling too!

20190216_161800.jpg

Yours is genuinely one of the nicest bioactive terrariums I have ever seen. I indulged myself in YouTube videos of custom builds before making mine however yours is on another level. I built mine similar to yours with the expanding foam and silicon. Those vines are awesome though in combination with the moss. They make it all look so real! Hopefully i’ll be able to get them shipped to the UK!

I got Hank from a local breeder here in London, he’s supposed to be a red body blue bar ambilobe (RBBB). When he yawns and eats the reds come through but other than that he’s still really bland so i’m excited to see his sheds over the next few months.

So excited to see Monet grow and the terriaum become even more impressive!

P.s below is the small bioactive he’s in at the moment it has changed a little since then but not too much.

View attachment 223487

It looks wonderful! Do you have some pictures of Hank?? I got a blue bar ambilobe... but when he excites he shows red bars and a yellow body. This is becoming more noticeable because he shed last week. I don't know if this is the normal color progression for a blue bar, but I can't see how the red will become blue haha. I will try get a pic... he shows these colors when I hold him.

It is!!! I got it on Amazon. I love it! The moss is FIRMLY adhered to the vine and the vine is bendable, still holding place (wire inside). I think it looks great and Monet seems to like it. Also it holds moisture and he drinks from the drops...

Thanks so much for the input! I ordered one and can't wait to use it. If my boy likes it I'll have to get some more- though 12 feet seems quite substantial for one vine. Monet is gorgeous on that flower too :love:

Back
Top Bottom