My bioactive build

I used 5 cans of foam, which includes putting foam down behind the cork boards, drift wood, and the flower pots.

So far I used 2 1/2 tubes of silicon to do just the one side which has a bunch of stuff that I didn't need to cover with coco fibers. So I'm thinking I'll have 10-11 tubes of silicon into it by the time I'm done with all three sides.

My plants are coming in.

The last two on the right are a poke dot and a creepin fig. I ordered from amazon and they ended up coming from a place called micro gardens. I didn’t realize it would be so tiny but the company name fits it.

I had to goto Lowe’s to pick up two more tubes of silicon to finish my last side of coco fibers. I found a string of bananas plant to fill in until the creeping fig gets bigger.

My plants are coming in.

View attachment 244733

The last two on the right are a poke dot and a creepin fig. I ordered from amazon and they ended up coming from a place called micro gardens. I didn’t realize it would be so tiny but the company name fits it.
View attachment 244734

I had to goto Lowe’s to pick up two more tubes of silicon to finish my last side of coco fibers. I found a string of bananas plant to fill in until the creeping fig gets bigger.
View attachment 244735

Loving it!!

Just a quick comment: string of bananas is pretty fragile, and broken bits have quite a bit of milky sap. I dont think it's a problem? But I thought I'd mention it anyway!

wow that looks amazing. Sorry for the minor thread hijack but i have exactly the same enclosure as you, can i ask how you are going to deal with the water at the bottom, are you drilling the glass or do you have a non drill solution? either eway would you be happy to share that with me? I'm currently sponging the bottom of my viv daily.

Loving it, Tony! :D Your boy's a lucky fella! Please keep updating us as it grows in - I'll be taking pictures of mine every month for the first 6 to track growth :) Is that a baby monstera I spy?

Good eye, that is a Monstera on the right side. But it is twice the size of my even smaller umbrella plant. Walmart did have an umbrella plant, but it was already about 5 feet high so I had to find a smaller one on amazon. My local Home Depot and Lowes didn't have any and the nursery's by my house doesn't sell house plants at all.

wow that looks amazing. Sorry for the minor thread hijack but i have exactly the same enclosure as you, can i ask how you are going to deal with the water at the bottom, are you drilling the glass or do you have a non drill solution? either eway would you be happy to share that with me? I'm currently sponging the bottom of my viv daily.

Hi, If you look above, I have a 1/2" pvc pipe running behind the left side cork bark down into the bottom of the enclosure. It is hidden under the camo feeder run and has a cap on it.

I can just use a siphon pump to pull the excess water out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Siphon-Pump-...s=Siphon+Pump&qid=1568032853&s=gateway&sr=8-6

I think I made too many hiding places. I literally just spent 10 minutes searching for him to see how he was doing and couldn't find him anyplace. I finally found him tucked up under the big monstera leaf holding onto its stem getting ready to sleep for the night.

Back
Top Bottom