my bearded pygmy chameleons wont eat

giaindell

my female and male chameleon will not eat the female usually eats more then the male and she had no crickets whatsoever and the male ate one and its been over a week since i fed them and its odd that they wont eat because they usually eat every two days. im not sure if its because the female might be gravid and both might be beginning to shed. they also havent been active lately like usual, and i keep finding them walking around on the ground when i would normally rarely see them close to the floor. please help im worried!

Post pictures. Maybe you have two gravid ladies

. What temp is it in the enclosure? It might be a bit cold for them. When I added a 15 watt basking lamp to my 40-50 gallon enclosure they began to bask in the morning (at about 75 degrees F) and were much more active the rest of the day. My ambient in that room is 65 though.

Post pictures. Maybe you have two gravid ladies
when i ordered them i ordered a male and female and when i put them in the tank together the male tried to mate with the female but the female wanted nothing to do with him. later yesterday i tried to feed them and the female ate four crickets and the male ate 2. i hand fed them. so now im not really worried. and do you know the signs of a gravid pygmy ?

Plumpness. Sometimes you can feel the eggs if you gentle feel their stomachs. I'm not really sure what else. They live close to the floor so I don't think it's really a good indicator like it is for big chameleons (walking on the floor.)

Plumpness. Sometimes you can feel the eggs if you gentle feel their stomachs. I'm not really sure what else. They live close to the floor so I don't think it's really a good indicator like it is for big chameleons (walking on the floor.)
the male usually walks on the floor more often then the female aha

Back
Top Bottom