My baby veiled question

chambeg

I just got my male baby veiled, when i first opened the box he was a bright green and very beautiful, he kept wanting to crawl around on me before i put him in the cage, whenever i leave he turns green, but whenever i walk into the room or look at him he turns brown if he is on a vine, and black when he is on the cage. Is the temporary, because i just received him today and he isnt comfortable with me?

should i just leave him be then? He has his own room that nobody uses haha. So should i just leave him in there for today and not go in there except to feed him, and mist the cage?

Congrats on your new cham!

ANd yes, hes doing that becuase hes afraid of you, of his new home, the new environment, having been tossed around inside a box for the last 24 hours.

just leave him be, and he will settle in.

Congrats on your new cham!

ANd yes, hes doing that becuase hes afraid of you, of his new home, the new environment, having been tossed around inside a box for the last 24 hours.

just leave him be, and he will settle in.

figured that was it, whenever i opened the box he was very friendly and actually wanted to stay on me rather than go into his cage...haha. Ill post some pics so yall can make sure he is doing alright, and ill update this later! (hopefully he gets to start liking me in a few days)

The first picture is when i first got him, and the second and third display the color he has been turning

Picture 33.jpg

Picture 34.jpg

Picture 35.jpg

I had read that a few times but just wanted to make sure! Thank you so much for your help!

youre welcome!

Just to make sure you got everything you need.

what is your basking temp if i can ask?

What brand uvb bulb do you have?

What supplements do you have?

what cage is he in?

youre welcome!

Just to make sure you got everything you need.

what is your basking temp if i can ask?

What brand uvb bulb do you have?

What supplements do you have?

what cage is he in?

Basking temp is around 80-85, it can get down to 75 as soon as i mist, but it also gets to 90 after a while.

I have a reptisun uva and uvb bulb 100w

I have zoo med repticalcium with and without d3, as well as the herptivite. without every day, with d3 twice a month, and herptivite twice a month.

He is in a reptibreeze medium size.

I also have one more question, i just bought some organic raspberries. Is it ok if i cut it small to feed it to him, or is it too acidic?

Basking temp is around 80-85, it can get down to 75 as soon as i mist, but it also gets to 90 after a while.

I have a reptisun uva and uvb bulb 100w

I have zoo med repticalcium with and without d3, as well as the herptivite. without every day, with d3 twice a month, and herptivite twice a month.

He is in a reptibreeze medium size.

I also have one more question, i just bought some organic raspberries. Is it ok if i cut it small to feed it to him, or is it too acidic?

try to keep yourt basking temp no higher than 88 for now, babies can get hot easily, and wont always move when they need to.

for future reference, you can just use a regular house bulb for basking.

perfect on the supplements. cage too.

and yes, you can feed him some berries. not daily, as the natrual sugar can be a bit much. but once a week is just fine.

if hell eat them.. my two veileds refuse to eat anything but bugs. or their scheffelara.

try to keep yourt basking temp no higher than 88 for now, babies can get hot easily, and wont always move when they need to.

for future reference, you can just use a regular house bulb for basking.

perfect on the supplements. cage too.

and yes, you can feed him some berries. not daily, as the natrual sugar can be a bit much. but once a week is just fine.

if hell eat them.. my two veileds refuse to eat anything but bugs. or their scheffelara.

Thank you! You are so helpful. I have no idea what i would do without these forums!

Thank you! You are so helpful. I have no idea what i would do without these forums!

haha youre welcome!
its ok, these forums are addicting. as are the chams.

:D

I started with one, then got a bunch more, some died, so im down to 4 adults, and 38 veiled eggs incubating.

So many babies! Haha! Anyways i got home after being gone for a few hours and he is bright green again, and doesnt turn colors when i come around, nor does he scurry away when i open his cage! He seems to be warming up to me, also took him outside for a little and he LOVED IT. Seemed to gain his trust a little bit. Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom