My Baby Veiled Chameleon Logs on YOUTUBE

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. She is a little cutie! I watched part of your video and you have got to make some changes if you want that lovely little one to survive. She looks young....maybe a couple of months old. You want need to worry about a laying bin until shes 5 months old. Right now you need to worry about feeding her the correct size feeders....those crickets looks to big for her and getting everything in her enclosure correct. I'm attaching my blog for new keepers and this is all that you will need to keep her healthy. There's links to pictures of each item and where you can buy it. Also please fill out the ask for help for so we can know what all you have and how you are doing everything.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Last edited:
I dont know where you got that Idea, but do not give her baths! If you need to, only when she is dehydrated though, put a plant in the shower and use a sprayer to spray the opposite wall, and it will bounce off and hit the plant and the chameleon.
Dont put her in the cricket cage, put it in her cage. It stresses them out when to many crickets are around, and they like being in there home, aka the cage. Its their safe spot.
Also for the plants, please put large river rocks on the soil so he doesnt eat the soil.
Also, It kinda looks like he has mbd.. he isnt grasping on too stuff well. His limbs look okay but he isnt grasping well.
Does he have a uvb bulb?What kind?
What do you dust with?
Thanks.

I'm not so sure about a mist system.. That would cost me alot of money like 2 dollars a day for just the water.. Her area takes alot of water like 2 cups every fewe hours.. It's like 114 outside right now.. and she likes the window.. So she gets baths as soon at the sun goes down.. Just to keep her hydrated. She loves it.. Also we have alot of lye in the water.. It would leave a super gross film everywhere.. She has improved on her grasping 100% in the last two weeks.. I will keep in mind the having alot of crickets around. I am trying to improve her diet.

She's really sweet, from the looks of her I'd say nearly 3 months. So yeah, some of those crickets were too big. As long as you're working on feeding/vitamins/gutload it isn't hard to do. Misting properly is recommended though, I use a hand mister that cost 7 English pounds and it does the job admirably (I call him Sir-Mists-A-Lot) but what is lye in the water?
Also, fountains are a lot of work to keep clean under the best circumstances - even more important with Chams than most reptiles. In my opinion, even though they look cool they're not worth it.

I've had her like.. One month she was a little worn out from her trip here.. When the extra large cage didn't work out. I kinda thought some people must be holding back comments. I wish you could stick to experience instead of here and there notes. Someone could have said something about it. The reptarium not holding enough humidity or it being too large for such a small chameleon.. Even after I made the changes in lighting, soil, and plants.. She still clung for life on the side and only rests when it is nighttime. So she is now demoted to a cricket keeper.. I'm worried she may have some health problems because she very small for a four month old which is the age she is supposed to be... Cause I bought a 3.5 month old.. But the fact is she is my first baby. I looked at purchasing her from many many places and may have missunderstood.

I have a variety of crickets. Since I need to plan ahead I bought pinheads, 1/125, small crickets and large crickets.. Silk Worms... Strawberries Apples.. We're doing alright.. I'm trying my hardest!!!! Tonight I gave her cucumbers.. Yeah me

= d She's getting fat!! Helps... I noticed people have super cricketss. Someone want to spill the beans..?

Back
Top Bottom