My Babies Are Two Months Old 5/5/20

Ready for our girl and boy. Just have to attach the mistking and lights and hang plants and vines on the new housing. Former home of Rango has been cleaned and upgraded and is ready to be inhabited. Will our girl had the red head also? How's our boy doing. Haven't settled on names yet. Anxiously waiting. Brian

Attachments

• 20200425_152307.jpg
    20200425_152307.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200507_181041.jpg
    20200507_181041.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 144
Ready for our girl and boy. Just have to attach the mistking and lights and hang plants and vines on the new housing. Former home of Rango has been cleaned and upgraded and is ready to be inhabited. Will our girl had the red head also? How's our boy doing. Haven't settled on names yet. Anxiously waiting. Brian

Looking good Brian! I’m not sure when I will be able to ship. Right now FedEx is having major shipping problems and allot of delays and I will not ship when it’s risky.

There’s many delays right now at FedEx and I will not ship until it’s safe. I’m in touch with Ship Your Reptiles and as soon as they feel it’s safe for me to ship, then I will start shipping babies. Some big breeder and others that don’t love their their babies as I love mine might still be shipping but I’m not taking any chances with my babies. I did a copy paste from the Ship Your Reptile website.

Critical!
Covid-19 update 05/05/20:
We are still closely monitoring the FedEx systems for signs that things are calming down, but we continue to see significant issues and delays and FedEx is still limited in how much they can assist us with Peak Protocols in place. With that in mind, there is still no insurance coverage available, though we are anxious to turn it back on as soon as possible. We unfortunately still do not have a target date since the situation keeps changing, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that insurance will be available sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, please help us to keep all animals safe by acknowledging and adhering to the following:
• There is no On Time and Live Arrival Insurance available at this time. Please reconsider shipping sensitive, rare, or high value animals until insurance is back up.
• If you decide to ship, YOU WILL BE DOING SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are no refunds for late, lost, damaged, or DOA shipments at this time. Please reconsider shipping high value, rare, irreplaceable, and sensitive species until insurance is back on.
• DO NOT CALL FEDEX, AND MAKE SURE YOUR RECIPIENTS DO NOT CALL FEDEX, EITHER. We will call FedEx on your or your recipient’s behalf. Any intervention on a shipment by either you or your recipient can very easily result in an additional 24-48 hour delay. Please let us handle FedEx issues—we know exactly what to say and do to best help you.
• Live Shipping is still Monday through Wednesday ONLY. We have had Thursday shipments delayed until Monday, even with Saturday upgrade requests put in, and we are not in office during the weekend to help you. NOTE: From what we have seen, Mondays are the busiest day across FedEx and Monday shipments have had the most delays and issues. Tuesday and Wednesday shipping has been noticeably calmer with fewer problems.
• The Ground / Home system is heavily delayed. Please allow for an additional 2 to 3 business days on Ground shipments. If shipping to a business or if the recipient’s business name is on the label, FedEx may assume the business is closed, even if it is a residential business. Let us know if you see exceptions or substantial delays on your Ground and Home shipments.
• Ship to the hub for pick up. Most of the delays we are seeing are on packages that go out for delivery. We have seen 6 to 8 hour driver delays and the trucks are not temperature controlled. Let us know if you need help locating a hub.
• Package your shipments in anticipation of a delay. If your package is hung up in Memphis or Indy, assume a 24 hour delay. We audit shipments every morning and send tracking information to FedEx to request that packages be held indoors until they can move out, so chances are excellent that we will already have cases open on your shipment(s).
• Pay special attention if you are shipping in or out of COVID hotspot areas, particularly in the Northeast/Tri-State Area. We are seeing increased delays and issues in heavily affected areas.
• Triple check each shipment for correct recipient and address information, including recipient phone numbers. Incorrect addresses can result in an additional 24-48 hour delay and being able to reach out directly to your customer will let us help as quickly as possible.
• Watch your tracking, especially if the recipient lives in apartment complexes or the address is commercial. While we will request reattempts on missed deliveries, many drivers will be NOT be able to do a same-day reattempt, in which case your recipient would need to wait for it to get back to the Ship Center to pick up later that evening, or wait for reattempt the next business day.
• Do not ship to or drop off your shipments at a FedEx Office or ANY other retail location. Run any given Hold At Facility address through Google to verify it is a legitimate Ship Center, or use the “Ship To FedEx Facility” function in Booking. Most have now modified their hours and have earlier pick ups, but Ship Center hours remain the same for the time being. Contact us if you need help finding your Ship Center.
To keep our website banners as up-to-date and streamlined as possible, we will display only the most recent update on the site. All previous Covid notifications have been compiled and can be easily found here: https://shipyourreptiles.com/pages/updates
For the most updated FedEx information, please keep an eye on FedEx's alerts page, which you can find at: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-alerts.html
We are committed to continuing to provide you with excellent service, and we will always do what we can to resolve any issues that come up.
Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay healthy out there.

Last edited:
Looking good Brian! I’m not sure when I will be able to ship. Right now FedEx is having major shipping problems and allot of delays and I will not ship when it’s risky.
Rango was a rescue from N.C. and we had problems getting him here way back then, so we understand. We're not in a huge hurry as we know you will take good care of them until it is safe. Just want you to know we're almost ready and waiting. Don't sell them to someone else, please. If you could take just one pic of the pair, it would be so nice, though. Thanks so much! Brian

Rango was a rescue from N.C. and we had problems getting him here way back then, so we understand. We're not in a huge hurry as we know you will take good care of them until it is safe. Just want you to know we're almost ready and waiting. Don't sell them to someone else, please. If you could take just one pic of the pair, it would be so nice, though. Thanks so much! Brian

I have two for you! One boy and one girl. They are still kind of hard to tell apart so I haven’t picked who goes where yet but I’ll send you a picture as soon as I do. I’ll get you one of the red head girls too. I do have a little boy that’s very shy so I’m going to keep him for myself to make sure he doesn’t go to someone that would never take him out of the cage since he hides.

Mushu is very shy, and Pistachio is very dominant. I hope Mushu starts to thrive when I seperate them, this coming Sunday.

Oh my gosh they are precious! It too bad that things didn't work out, or I would've gotten one of your babies ASAP.

So you only have little girls available? Im sure people will want them... they are too cute!

Thank you for your kind words. I have 3 boys and 6 beautiful ladies looking for kind and loving homes. Two people backed out on two of my boys yesterday.

Oh my goodness! They are so adorable!

Thank you! They are all so sweet and I love them so much.

Eggs sometimes scare people off from the little ladies.. I would assume thats why. Including me.. I am not brave enough for a girl. I would be afraid of something going wrong.

I hope you find good homes for all of your sweet babies. The red on their little casques are gorgeous.

Than you Ava! I’ve never seen red heads like these. I’m wondering if it will last.

Don’t worry Jann I’m working on a plan to sneak a little chica into my house. Husband thinks he can tell me no more reptiles ha

I hope you are able to give one of my sweet girls a home.

As a keeper of two lovely veiled ladies, yes, the whole egg laying thing can provoke anxiety. However, if your husbandry is correct you shouldn’t have any problems. It’s been about a year that I’ve had Grumpy and she’s laid only twice and without any problem. I love my ladies and when they show their colors, they are absolutely gorgeous! I would have taken one of Jann’s females, but I wanted a big beautiful son of Hammy.

You have done a great job with your girls!

Yes the little ladies colors are very pretty.

Unfortunately I ended up not being able to get another chameleon right now. Or I would've gladly taken a baby.

When you first contacted me I figured you wanted a beautiful girl since you already have a male.

Did a family member tell you your at your limit as well, aren’t they so rude telling us that?! ?

The sad part at my house is my husband and I are both weak and there’s on one to put their foot down and say no.

Yes that is exactly what happened loll

Like I can still count my reptiles on two hands what do you mean I have too many :rolleyes:

Plus expenses to setup another one

It is expensive but there are ways to still get everything you need without spending a fortune. Plus, you probably have extra feeders already.

Right! Like I havent spread myself that thin yet lol

I will say im running out of space for cages, well time for a bigger house since my husband won’t give up the master bedroom for the reptiles:rolleyes:

Chameleon keepers are special people and put our animals before ourself. ?

I have only one more space. Funny its the perfect space for another chameleon cage. Its a shame really lol ?

If things change for you I had two people back on on their male babies yesterday.

I have a tiny house and until step daughter flies the coop, I’m out of space for any more. Although I never use my dining room...?

Dinning rooms work great. That’s where I use to keep my babies.

My dinning room is currently the reptile room ?‍♀️ And when my mom moves back out I get my reptile room back for more cages:ROFLMAO:

Yea! More room for reptiles.

Females are no more scary than males. I have heard horror stories of sperm plugs and such in males.

Health issues can happen to both. That’s why I recommend pet insurance. It’s worked great for me over the years. Sperm plugs aren’t that bad but boys seem to have more prolapse and that’s scary.

These guys are so adorable! I hope those girls can find homes! I’m glad I kept my little girl. She’s so sweet and calm (for now lol) I know from so many keepers here if I run into issues I will have lots of support.

The girls are the sweetest. If you know of anyone looking for a baby please send them to me.

Loving them! Great pictures!

Thank you! I still have some available! ?

I currently have 3 chameleons (2 are the babies) in my dining room.

And I still have a whole spare room...
The only thing stopping me is my level-headed husband telling me I cant afford more.

Thank you for your kind words. I have 3 boys and 6 beautiful ladies looking for kind and loving homes. Two people backed out on two of my boys yesterday.

Aww.. sorry about that Jann. Things happen. I sure someone else will end up taking them. I would if I could.

Back
Top Bottom