My ambilobe looks weak!

well that is great news! He might have just been constipated!! Now if his tail sheds you will be back in business!!!:D

i come back from school today and Rambo was still looking like he did yesterday, but not as bad. if hes shedding, how long will he look like this for? btw i bumped up his humidity to 70%. i've heard of people putting there chameleons in the shower to jump start their shedding, does anyone know how that would work?

I think the use of your D3 supplementation is good for a juvenile chameleon but by the time he about a year, your going to want to cut back and start scheduling his supp intake:

calcium w/o D3 every or every other feeding
calcium w/ D3 every 2 weeks
multivitamin every 2 weeks

If he has been constipated then maybe you should be using smaller crickets or portioning his meals better. Make sure you feed him in the morning, and not too much; you'll be feeding him the next day. He needs a lot of heat and UV to digest and its a very important cycle. Also try feeding your little guy like 6 days a week and by the time he is a year he should be eating more like every other day. you might also wanna try getting his basking up to low 90s.

I personally don't see anything wrong. humidity maybe a factor and you should most definitely get a mister or have someone mist his cage in the middle of the day since your at school... other than that just let him adjust for alittlle longer before handling and also work on gut loading better.

tiki tiki has a gut load called cricketcrak which will help get your cham the nutrition he needs-- www.tikitikireptiles.com

Back
Top Bottom