My 2 chams facing off

AReptile

The female is on my hand, the male translucent is hanging on the outside of his cage. She's never displayed these colors before, what do they mean? I'd assume they mean for the male to get lost but I could be wrong lol

Attachments

• IMG-20110918-00066.jpg
    IMG-20110918-00066.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 266
The female is on my hand, the male translucent is hanging on the outside of his cage. She's never displayed these colors before, what do they mean? I'd assume they mean for the male to get lost but I could be wrong lol

That's exactly what they mean.......she will stay green and keep her mouth closed if she wants to be friends, lol......

At least she didn't do what my female did to my poor undersized male. She gapped and then shot her tounge out at him and hit him in the head.

The colors and the behavior indicate that she's gravid/non-receptive. In your other thread the colors indicated that she was receptive.

At least she didn't do what my female did to my poor undersized male. She gapped and then shot her tounge out at him and hit him in the head.
Lmao! Well in this case she is the undersized one, she looks large in the picture because the phone was like an inch away from her but the male is a lot bigger than her..

It also means that you need a laying bin asap! ;)
Thank you for the info, I did notice her getting bulkier lately as well.

Most of mine look exactly like her as soon a successful breeding takes place. Usually within one day. The usually tan/grey spots turn that super bright yellow. They also get dark spots all over. I do have exceptions to this but most of mine look just like your pic when gravid.

Back
Top Bottom