mutant cricket?

shannond81391

i was looking through my crickets today, feeding/cleaning, and i saw a HUGE, insect, had the body type of a cricket, but was huge, had big black eyes, and was very very white, and looked like had two pockets on its back, almsot like growing wings. ill try to get a picture later, but that things creeping me out lol. any ideas?

Dude. Those things are evil. i was scared Sh!@tless of them as a kid. We called t hem like potato or tomato bugs, something like that.

Uh huh. My neighbors and I both found them in our houses last year. Mine was scratching around in the closet. Sooooooo creepy.

i was looking through my crickets today, feeding/cleaning, and i saw a HUGE, insect, had the body type of a cricket, but was huge, had big black eyes, and was very very white, and looked like had two pockets on its back, almsot like growing wings. ill try to get a picture later, but that things creeping me out lol. any ideas?

I would agree with Ibesok, that it is a molting cricket. They do look larger when they molt. Duh, I realize they ARE molting because they have grown larger, but what I mean is that when they are white they look SO MUCH larger. Then, once they darken up, they look to scale again. I guess it's the same principle that leads us to wear black to make us look smaller. Or, so we think, anyway :eek:.

Back
Top Bottom