Multivitain powder

jaywolves90

Hi people

I know chameleons need 3 different supplements, but ive just brought an exo terra multi vitamin and I was wondering if i could use this to dust the food with about twice a month?

Because it says in the instructions blend it in with calcium powder, i already have the calcium with D3 so i purchased the exo terra multivitamin to use twice a month.

Usually, if you have the correct lighting and stuff, they need a calcium WITHOUT D3 for regular use, then a separate calcium with D3 for twice a month, then a multivitamin (like herptivite because it uses beta carotene instead of preformed vit A?) once or twice a month is what I've read as the usual recommendation. Often you'll see people use the RepCal brands, or else Miner-All products.
I'm not sure exactly what you have already so I'm going to let someone else chime in on whether those would work as well or not.

Hi people

I know chameleons need 3 different supplements, but ive just brought an exo terra multi vitamin and I was wondering if i could use this to dust the food with about twice a month?

Because it says in the instructions blend it in with calcium powder, i already have the calcium with D3 so i purchased the exo terra multivitamin to use twice a month.

What species of chameleon? The calcium w/o D3 5 or 6 times a week, with D3 twice a month and multivitamin twice a month schedule is OK for veileds, panthers and other low land species although for montane chams like Jacksons it could cause edema and other organ problems quickly. For some reason this schedule is suggested in recent jacksonii threads and other montane chameleon threads asking for help. IMO this is a this is a recipe for disaster.

Its important to note what species for cham on is asking the question on. Not that the info will always be right:eek:

Oh yeah its a Veiled Chameleon sorry,

It says in the instructions to mix the multivitamin with calcium but I was just wondering if I could just use it without mixing it with calcium to use twice a month

I don't think the mixing or not matters but I want to make sure you understand about having the right kinds of calcium, I think you missed that. You said you already have calcium with D3 - you need to use calcium WITHOUT the D3 usually, like for the majority of your dusting. The other two kinds will just be a couple times a month.

Back
Top Bottom