Multiple function light timer

Hello after reading many of the lighting threads I haven't found equipment to turn on a basking lamp intermittently during day and off at night in conjunction with 12 on 12 for UVB with constant power for misters and fans, any suggestions? Thank you

Me and modern technology don't get along well so I use the old dial style timers for everything 🤣 they can do half hour intervals I that helps any.

How do you do this ? I bought two,can you hook one up at 2 on 2 off then hook it up to a 12 on 12 off? Sort of daisy chain then together?

Are you wanting something that dims the heat fixture so that it controls the temp along with it being set to a certain time? Or are you just thinking of smart plugs to turn everything on and off?

I run the old style as well but you need one for each schedule of light. I have mine plugged into a power strip to save space at the wall outlet.

I've had good luck with the gosund smart outlet (wifi) each light plugs in and can be programmed as desired for time and even different intervals for different days if you would like.

If you want it to turn on or off at a set temperature you will need a specific piece of equipment I think the digital thermometer controller or something like that. Herpstat is one that comes to mind I'm sure there are others but I am not familiar.

I use a Philips 4 way wifi smart outlet plus another single smart outlet( one of the 4 is always on) each socket besides the 4th can be controlled separately and can be done from your phone. Really good for getting the exact times that you want.

I am looking into a dimming thermostat and timer to maintain daytime temps. The Exo Terra dimming thermostat/ timer and Vivarium can control on/off and increase or decrease power to reach and maintain the desired basking temp. My concern is the basking temp. I am having difficulty maintaining 82-83 degrees with 2 - 100 watt incandescent bulbs. I tried a 100watt intense heat basking bulb. It worked great but it is dangerous. I am now using a 50 watt intense heat basking bulb but my temp hovers around 78 degrees with the hood sitting on the top of the enclosure. My guy really likes 83 degrees. Bottom line: I need the 75 watt basking bulb but I need the dimming thermostat to keep Melemel safe from burns.

I use a herpstat for my basking fixture. It dims so it is set at the exact basking temp and turns on and off when I need it to. Then for all my other lights I use govee smart plugs. This coordinates well with my govee temp gauges that I have for ambient temp and humidity. Then there is a govee app that I run all of the govee products off of.

I am looking into a dimming thermostat and timer to maintain daytime temps. The Exo Terra dimming thermostat/ timer and Vivarium can control on/off and increase or decrease power to reach and maintain the desired basking temp. My concern is the basking temp. I am having difficulty maintaining 82-83 degrees with 2 - 100 watt incandescent bulbs. I tried a 100watt intense heat basking bulb. It worked great but it is dangerous. I am now using a 50 watt intense heat basking bulb but my temp hovers around 78 degrees with the hood sitting on the top of the enclosure. My guy really likes 83 degrees. Bottom line: I need the 75 watt basking bulb but I need the dimming thermostat to keep Melemel safe from burns.

What about just a cage heater on the bottom like "heat tape"? They are pretty cool running, its only 20 watt per square foot and you can use a lamp dimmer to fine toon the temp.

I use a herpstat for my basking fixture. It dims so it is set at the exact basking temp and turns on and off when I need it to. Then for all my other lights I use govee smart plugs. This coordinates well with my govee temp gauges that I have for ambient temp and humidity. Then there is a govee app that I run all of the govee products off of.

How does the Govee system work? I can view my temps from the app, and they log them if im not within bluetooth range. but what happens when "the phone" leaves the house, is there a "base" or something that all the thingies connect to when the phone is gone?

How does the Govee system work? I can view my temps from the app, and they log them if im not within bluetooth range. but what happens when "the phone" leaves the house, is there a "base" or something that all the thingies connect to when the phone is gone?
So for the temp/humidity gauges you have to be within range for them to update and tell you where it is at. There is no base they all hook into the app on the phone.

I tested the lights ability to go on and off with my daughter at home and me at the store. She said that they did turn on and off. But I am not sure if she even went to look or if she just told me they did. :LOL:

I've had good luck with the gosund smart outlet (wifi) each light plugs in and can be programmed as desired for time and even different intervals for different days if you would like.

If you want it to turn on or off at a set temperature you will need a specific piece of equipment I think the digital thermometer controller or something like that. Herpstat is one that comes to mind I'm sure there are others but I am not familiar.
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Compat...nd+mini+wifi+smart+plug&qid=1673975676&sr=8-3

A link for convenience. Control via an app makes them nice 👍

What about just a cage heater on the bottom like "heat tape"? They are pretty cool running, its only 20 watt per square foot and you can use a lamp dimmer to fine toon the temp.
Updated my setup with correct bulb , mister, fan, 3-5"holes in top with screen and I found a 3 ftx2ft Sheffiela half price (29$) that is healthy and huge, along with ficus, and $6 grapeleaf ivy, I sculpted a .piece to look like driftwood as main perch along with lots of twigs for highways up and down and a clear feeder run I made from plexiglass, she seems like she's loving it, sleeps at highest branch of new plant and comes down 30 min after lights come on and lays under her basking bulb,. bringing our family joy to see her happy, thanks for all the support

Updated my setup with correct bulb , mister, fan, 3-5"holes in top with screen and I found a 3 ftx2ft Sheffiela half price (29$) that is healthy and huge, along with ficus, and $6 grapeleaf ivy, I sculpted a .piece to look like driftwood as main perch along with lots of twigs for highways up and down and a clear feeder run I made from plexiglass, she seems like she's loving it, sleeps at highest branch of new plant and comes down 30 min after lights come on and lays under her basking bulb,. bringing our family joy to see her happy, thanks for all the support

The last trick i use is to have the basking bulb be at a 45 degree angle on the side of the cage, pointing up. While it might look weird, it allows the hot air from the bulb to travel upward to the basking area. Honestly i try to do everything BUT increase the bulb wattage, just to prevent hot spots. Ill even use multiple 35 bulbs before i will use 1 big 100 watt.

Are you wanting something that dims the heat fixture so that it controls the temp along with it being set to a certain time? Or are you just thinking of smart plugs to turn everything on and off?
No sir I'm looking for a intermittent timer for on off multiple times in basking then 12 off on same timer, then a straight 12 on 12 off for UVB in addition to a always on for fan and mister

Back
Top Bottom