Multiple Accounts

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Lately, many people have been creating multiple accounts. A lot of these are also related to commercial entities. This angers me greatly and those who continue to practice this form of deception will be banned.

Brad:

A commercial presence on this forum, that also operates under separate aliases, is far less than honest representation. My assumption is that such practices allow someone to appear popular when the goal is shameless self promotion.

Please post the identities of these commercial interests, so the rest of us can avoid them. Spare us from finding out who we are dealing with , by way of an unfortunate transaction.

thanks

I did that before b/c I forgot my passwords. If I remember the names, I will let you know. I used my aol for this one but couldn't remember my password until I found my slip. Too many websites, too many passwords, and annually change them.

Send me a pm and I will let you know the email address associated with the other name which I have no clue what the screen names were???

What?????

That totally sucks.....Excuse me....but it does! That angers me too. This site is primarily a forum to share, help each other and improve the quality of life for chameleons in captivity. We do benefit from interacting with sellers on this site and seeing what they may have available. It's great that we can get a sense of who they are as keepers before making a purchase decision. But there is a definite line between that and exploitation of this group :(

Is there a way you guys can see everyone's IP and check for duplicates? Just ban people you see logging in under multiple usernames at one IP. I'm not sure how difficult that is to accomplish but I've heard of people doing it on other forums.

I'm new here and I just joined, just letting every one know here cause I'm not here to spam or promote anything, im here to learn about my new cham im getting.

Is there a way you guys can see everyone's IP and check for duplicates? Just ban people you see logging in under multiple usernames at one IP. I'm not sure how difficult that is to accomplish but I've heard of people doing it on other forums.

im oretty sure there is a way to do this.

Yes there is a way, however; it would also ban me since me and my wife has separate accounts and we share the same internet connection. A way to notify admin for a previously logged IP for review is a way to go.

Yes there is a way, however; it would also ban me since me and my wife has separate accounts and we share the same internet connection. A way to notify admin for a previously logged IP for review is a way to go.

Lol, yeah I thought of that after I posted...definately should be taken on a case by case basis. Like, there's an obvious difference between two established accounts (each posting individual coherent comments) and one established account who starts a thread trying to sell something and gets several 'testamonials' from users with 5 posts and are using the same IP address. :rolleyes:

This site rocks

My boyfriend and I have seperate accounts. He yells at me for asking too many questions. So with my own account I have that freedom to ask the dumbest questions that come into my head without him editing me. I know it's because he doesn't want everyone to think I am in idiot, but I am okay with it for the sake of learning and hopefully I will be a weathered hobbyist like many members here.

Back
Top Bottom