Mud?!!!!

No red light. You want a linear t5ho with a 6% or 10.0 uvb bulb. This light should cover the whole width of your enclosure. Then you will need a bulb for basking.

Go to the link I shared. It has all the information you need really. Once you have a good basic setup, we can fine tune. There is also a veiled care sheet here on the forum you can look.
I meant 5.0. not 10.

Last edited:
Once she has laid her eggs and gone back up to her branches give her some treats like a couple silk worms and a horn worm of the appropriate size and some Dubia roaches all very lightly dusted with calcium. And mist her well so she will drink. This will help rehydrate her and help her recover.
Here is where she’s at right now about how long until she lays them?

Attachments

• C6A7ECAB-FC23-4E78-B847-1F0A3C867173.jpeg
    C6A7ECAB-FC23-4E78-B847-1F0A3C867173.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 72
Here is where she’s at right now about how long until she lays them?
Could take a bit. My girl would dig and cover a hole and dig again. Leave her be. Don't let her see you or she could get spooked. You can even cover the bottom of her cage with a sheet so she has privacy. When she is done she will return to the top of the enclosure. At that time give her a good misting and feed her. If you're sure she is done remove the bin and count the eggs and let us know how many she has laid.

You said you have a vet appointment, yes?

Could take a bit. My girl would dig and cover a hole and dig again. Leave her be. Don't let her see you or she could get spooked. You can even cover the bottom of her cage with a sheet so she has privacy. When she is done she will return to the top of the enclosure. At that time give her a good misting and feed her. If you're sure she is done remove the bin and count the eggs and let us know how many she has laid.

You said you have a vet appointment, yes?
Yes I had it this morning it was a virtual visit and they just confirmed that she was in the early stages of laying eggs

Yes I had it this morning it was a virtual visit and they just confirmed that she was in the early stages of laying eggs
I would find another vet and get another opinion. She is very skinny and there are many parts of her enclosure and supplements and lighting that is only going to lead to her sickness.

The cage needs to have plenty of ventilation.. the lighting needs to be linear and span the whole cage. The bulb should be replaced every six months unless you have a solar meter to test the uv kevels. She needs calcium without D3 at every feeding, except the days when you give calcium with D3 and a multivitamin. You should alternate weeks with the D3 and the multi. So way one Saturday you give D3, the next Saturday you give the multi, the next Saturday you give the D3 etc... she should also have a variety of feeders.

She also needs to be fed less than you may thing to reduce the egg production. She will benefit from the live plants you said you are getting.

Beman and myself have linked you to the chameleon academy. Please, read through the modules. I think you'll find lots of ways to make changes for her health.

A virtual visit isn't going to tell much. You want a vet with hands on chameleon experience, these guys are very sensitive creatures and not many vets are very experienced in them.

Can you post a photo of her now please?

Now you need to get the husbandry right to keep the egg production low!
Here is her mid cricket bite! I felt her stomach and it’s completely empty but it is still hanging down like that I assume because she just finished but she is already moving around a lot and I am making a lot of changes thank you everyone for all of your input I was able to locate the right bulbs and express shipped them through chewy, and am also awaiting a ride to a local Home Depot that has some live Pothos plants for me to distribute around her cage

Attachments

• 1DCA959E-2158-48E8-9894-45DBADCEFE10.jpeg
    1DCA959E-2158-48E8-9894-45DBADCEFE10.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 4D0673EB-1BDB-4FF8-AF00-46F80B05F373.jpeg
    4D0673EB-1BDB-4FF8-AF00-46F80B05F373.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom