Mr. Worf shows up again after ONE YEAR!

What and incredible story!!! And seriously what are the odds that he ended up on your neighbors front door!! Just amazing! I agree with Jannb. He would probably be a great candidate for an indoor Free Range. I Free Range my Jackson's and he just loves it. Anyhow, congrats on the return of your baby boy! :)

Just curious... but why does he sound like a good candidate for a free range vs. any other chameleon? :confused:

WOW dude i was telling my wife last night about this, i said 3 months, and now i realize its one year, joh joh joh!

Crazy Story, glad he survived. ill make sure i keep an eye on my little 2 month old ninja :D

So happy for you, I can't explain... something like that is a blessing and hits a part of your insides that doesn't often get hit in ones lifetime. Truly amazing. And don't worry, I'm sure he will get used to being captive again. :) And yes.... fecal check!!! Lord knows what he ate and crawled around on the last 18 months! lol

I have an amazing story to share with all you cham lovers. A year and a half ago, I purchased a 3-month old male veiled chameleon. One very warm afternoon, I took "Mr. Worf" into the backyard to sun himself. I placed him on a bush and kept a close eye on him. For some time, no problem, but suddently he decided to take a hike, and before I knew it he had somehow gotten onto the 40 foot palm tree (draped with ivy) and was just plain gone. I looked for days, but no sign of Mr. Worf. I looked everywhere and tried everything, including using a flashlight at night. To no avail. I decided to hold off on buying another cham, and kept the enclosure empty but still filled with plants and the mister and lights running.

Yesterday, a neighbor four doors down the street, who knew about the lost chameleon, called me to say "come on over". I trudged up his stairs and there, clinging to the front screen door was Mr. Worf. He had grown about 2 inches, and altho he looked a bit skinny, he was just fine. Here in San Francisco, we get many very cold and windy nights, and I just couldn't believe that he had survived so well, fed and hydrated himself, and not only that, how in the world had he gone from the palm tree in my yard, over 4 rooftops, up the stairs of a house 4 doors down and ended up on the screen door--a year later? Almost sounds like the story of the cat that shows up 3,000 miles away at the doorstep of the old house.

Anyone had a similar experience? I can now say that Mr. Worf is "captive bred" but "tested in the wild"--a true streetwise chameleon. I guess we're now bonded for life. I'm tempted to write a children's book about "the little cham that could" or something cute like that. Pretty amazing, that's all I can say?

i think your story is astonishing, what a lucky cham. what would be the odds of that cham surviving from birds, cats etc, and actually finding food.

good luck with him
rob

Back
Top Bottom