Mr. Puff absolutely hates misting time

IanGlo

I've seen lots of videos of chameleons drinking while being pelted with mist and I watched the guy at the pet store mist their chams and they come out to drink.

Mr. Puff absolutely hates when I mist the plants down and if one little drop touches his baby skin he darts and sticks himself up in the corner like spider man as if it were lava or acid. Is this normal behavior or is he just a prissy cham?

I used to be worried that he would become dehydrated because I hardly ever witness him drinking, but his doos continue to be consistently snow white on the urate part. He must be drinking exclusively from the dripper when no one is looking.

All of my chams except for my male panther know when to expect the misting and take their places out of the line of spray. They all continue to deny letting me see the cuteness of them drinking.

All of my chams except for my male panther know when to expect the misting and take their places out of the line of spray. They all continue to deny letting me see the cuteness of them drinking.
So what then happens with your male panther? Does he not know and get blasted with mist? Or does he just take it? I’ve gotta know 🤣

I've seen lots of videos of chameleons drinking while being pelted with mist and I watched the guy at the pet store mist their chams and they come out to drink.

Mr. Puff absolutely hates when I mist the plants down and if one little drop touches his baby skin he darts and sticks himself up in the corner like spider man as if it were lava or acid. Is this normal behavior or is he just a prissy cham?

I used to be worried that he would become dehydrated because I hardly ever witness him drinking, but his doos continue to be consistently snow white on the urate part. He must be drinking exclusively from the dripper when no one is looking.
There is some lively and thought provoking discussion about this topic. I highly recommend looking into the various facets of chameleon hydration. Warning: it can be a bit of a quagmire! But the evidence and data on all sides are well worth learning.

Back
Top Bottom