Mr Lizard to Ms Lizard (Vet Visit)

Manslayer

Hello, guys all i wanna say thanks for all ur support.
today i toke Mr lizard to the Vet they told me that its a she :p i didnt know that they estimated her age around 3 months.
the doc said that she might have parasite in her stomach but he couldnt eliminate bacterial infection they gave her some meds:

Flagy-s 40.00 mg Per ml - Oral Suspention
Panacure 25.00 mg Per ml - Oral Suspention
Baytril 25.00 mg Per ml - oral solution
Avimix 50.00 g per Tub - Powder

He told me not to put my expectations up because i got her from a very bad place and i knew that stupid me anyway he said she might not make it but this could help her to improve right now all i have to do is to wait and pray that shes gonna be ok.
Thanks again for your support
ill keep you all updated

Wow, yeah that sounds like a lot of meds, did they do a fecal? Why so many?

Be sure to hydrate (water her a lot. You might have to use a syringe to make sure she gets water into her to prevent kidney damage).

I wish her a full recovery.

Wow, yeah that sounds like a lot of meds, did they do a fecal? Why so many?

Be sure to hydrate (water her a lot. You might have to use a syringe to make sure she gets water into her to prevent kidney damage).

I wish her a full recovery.

:eek: ok thanks for advice ill make sure to use the syringe for water

actually he just looked at her touched her stomach etc no testing ^^; the only vet i found that treat reptiles to be honest, so im not expecting alot but yea i hope she'll recover and get hyper mode

:eek: ok thanks for advice ill make sure to use the syringe for water

actually he just looked at her touched her stomach etc no testing ^^; the only vet i found that treat reptiles to be honest, so im not expecting alot but yea i hope she'll recover and get hyper mode

No fecal???? I don't know how these drugs could be given with out testing the poop first.

You need to see a different vet.

That combination of medications sounds like a possible death sentence.

The "shot gun" approach to medication is not a good approach. You want to treat whatever illness she actually has, and only what she has - Not anything she might possibly have all at the same time.

The "shot gun" approach to medication is not a good approach. You want to treat whatever illness she actually has, and only what she has - Not anything she might possibly have all at the same time.

Alternative Vet is impossible the only vet that treats reptile is this one and Im really confused i have no idea what to do, i do know that he gave it alot of medicines but if there is a chance that it might start eating or drinking again i think im going to take that chance, actually i have no choices i have only 2 options 1 to give the meds and see what happens or 2 let her die slow death :( what would you do in my situation
anyway thanks for ur concern and i really do hope the situation changes where is more vets that treat reptiles :(

Alternative Vet is impossible the only vet that treats reptile is this one and Im really confused i have no idea what to do, i do know that he gave it alot of medicines but if there is a chance that it might start eating or drinking again i think im going to take that chance, actually i have no choices i have only 2 options 1 to give the meds and see what happens or 2 let her die slow death :( what would you do in my situation
anyway thanks for ur concern and i really do hope the situation changes where is more vets that treat reptiles :(

I would have a fecal done.....just about any vet can do a fecal. That will show what kind of parasites she has if any and then the members here can tell you which meds to give for that particular parasite.

I would have a fecal done.....just about any vet can do a fecal. That will show what kind of parasites she has if any and then the members here can tell you which meds to give for that particular parasite.

^^ ok ill ask for it tmw morning ill call them and see what happens, but shes not pooping at all :( i forgot to mention that she hasnt been eating for 3 days now

I agree, I wish I could agree more , but 100% is all I have to give. Please see another Vet.

^^ ok ill ask for it tmw morning ill call them and see what happens, but shes not pooping at all :( i forgot to mention that she hasnt been eating for 3 days now

Give her all those meds and she will be sure not to eat. None of those are to help with hunger.

Avimix is a vitamin mineral powder with enhanced levels of calcium and vitamin D3 and the vitamins A, C and E....according to what I found.

If it has no parasites it would be a shame to give it the meds for that...so a fecal might eliminate one or two of the remaining 3.

Too bad the vet didn't take a sample of the discolored area to test for bacteria and fungus...this skin problem puzzles me...could be fungal, could be a bad shed...or a number of other things....wish I knew.

You said the only bulb you use is a "UV light its Red 75wat bulb"...I would recommend that you use two bulbs...a regular incandescent light bulb in a domed hood for a basking light. The wattage should be such that the temperature you need to provide is correct....and a Reptisun 5.0 long linear tube fluorescent bulb. The light you are using may be affecting the eyes and that might be interfering its appetite.

You also said that you had substrate but took it out...wood chips could cause an impaction if they were ingested and depending on the wood could contain toxic oils.

Also...since its a female you should have a suitable place in the cage for it to dig in case it has to lay eggs. They can produce eggs even without being mated. (This has nothing to do with the skin problems...but it needed to be mentioned since failure to provide such a place could lead to eggbinding and death.)

Hope the problems get solved!

Thanks guys for all ur comments
i called the vet today and he told me that they don't have the equipment for testing yet :( yep this is bad very bad, he told me for the fecal test he cant do it unless shes eating and she didnt eat anything for the past 3 days. i thinking of force feeding to make her poop and take it to the vet what u guys think?

and also i told him what u guys said that it is like a death sentence to give all of these meds (didnt say it in that way :p ) he told me these meds would not kill it because 3 of these are antiboitoic and anti worm and somthing i forgot anyway he said 1 drop to mouth is not fatal.
Plus for everyone who said to change the vet ^^; i cant this is the only one that treats reptiles

Avimix is a vitamin mineral powder with enhanced levels of calcium and vitamin D3 and the vitamins A, C and E....according to what I found.

If it has no parasites it would be a shame to give it the meds for that...so a fecal might eliminate one or two of the remaining 3.

Too bad the vet didn't take a sample of the discolored area to test for bacteria and fungus...this skin problem puzzles me...could be fungal, could be a bad shed...or a number of other things....wish I knew.

You said the only bulb you use is a "UV light its Red 75wat bulb"...I would recommend that you use two bulbs...a regular incandescent light bulb in a domed hood for a basking light. The wattage should be such that the temperature you need to provide is correct....and a Reptisun 5.0 long linear tube fluorescent bulb. The light you are using may be affecting the eyes and that might be interfering its appetite.

You also said that you had substrate but took it out...wood chips could cause an impaction if they were ingested and depending on the wood could contain toxic oils.

Also...since its a female you should have a suitable place in the cage for it to dig in case it has to lay eggs. They can produce eggs even without being mated. (This has nothing to do with the skin problems...but it needed to be mentioned since failure to provide such a place could lead to eggbinding and death.)

Hope the problems get solved!
thanks ^^ i just putted her in new cage bigger actually the vet told me that the light ive been using is enough for heat only but he didnt recommend me to buy anything else because he thinks my chameleon case is almost done for. for the substrate i change it because i didnt want her to eat it :p now only small area of "Sand" for the plants, she can lay her eggs in but isnt she small for laying eggs? 3 months old.

Hello, guys i just came back i traveled away for sometime anyway
good news my chameleon started to eat and became bright again :D shes a healthy chameleon now

thanks for everyone help

Anna, beware advocating the use of syringe for hydration with new keepers, without being more explicit regards exactly how. I forsee miscommunication resulting in squirted water and aspiration into lungs. Hindsight is always 20/20, not so forsight. :)
Best wishes with your lizard Manslayer :)

actually i took her back to the vet and unfortunately he told me that they dont do testing yet -.-; yep so bad. anyway i just went with hope and gave her all the meds as he ensured me that its not death wish for the chameleon and yep i guess he was right :D. ill take him back sometime later for other checkups they will start testing after 3 months as he claimed.

for watering the chameleon i used to give her through the syringe little by little ^^; long process so i dont get it into the lunges

Glad to hear that the chameleon is doing better!

Does she have proper lighting, supplements now?

You can make a dripper for her out of a deli cup or other plastic container with a very small hole punched in the bottom of it. It should drip at the rate of about 2 drops per second.

Back
Top Bottom