Moving

Jakama

My family will be moving to a different house in a little under a month, and I was wondering how I should transport my seven-month-old female veiled chameleon. The drive between the two houses is not particularly long- she would only be in the car for about half an hour. Should I just get an opaque box and put some tissue paper in it?

My family will be moving to a different house in a little under a month, and I was wondering how I should transport my seven-month-old female veiled chameleon. The drive between the two houses is not particularly long- she would only be in the car for about half an hour. Should I just get an opaque box and put some tissue paper in it?

Just take her in a cardboard box, it will be dark and she will go to sleep.

when i take mine to the vet, i use a container similar to the cricket keeper (for the ones that will fit in it) and that seems to work out ok with minimal stress....i just try to "seclude" the container as much as possible for the drive...

out of the shipped chams i've received, honestly, the one that looked the absolute best was the one shipped in the cloth bag....in a box warmed by a heat pack for overnight shipping....he was cozy, warm, and it was dark so he just slept... (for the first 3 weeks, opening the bag...he looked better than any other time!!! lol)

anything to prevent over-stimulation or minimize stimulation would be the best bet i would think... :)

Back
Top Bottom