Movie

Just saw it. My kids liked it--but they have yet to see an animated movie that they do not like! I thought it was too long and lacked any direction or action. One of those movies where you keep waiting for something to happen--and it never does. Again, just my opinion!

I agree 100% my kids love all animated cartoons. I to was disappointed by the movie to was good/ok. But the local radio movie guy said it was like 3.5/4 stars he;s usually spot on but id go with 2.5/4 or maybe even 2/4.

Personally I dont think we're going to see mass purchases of chameleons just because Rango came out. First of all, how often do you see more than just the one or two chameleons every so often at pet stores. Most pet stores I frequent wont keep chameleons unless you special order one through them. There just arent enough produced every year to see mass amounts of chams dumped like you would after 101 dalmations or some other dog or cat flick.

There are captive produced clownfish nowadays and most pet stores keep salt water fish and supplies. Not like when I was into it back in the 80-90's when only a few stores messed with salt water. So you see alot more clowns avail to the public for purchase. Jmo...

Haven't seen the film yet but plan to go if not rent it as soon as it is relesed on dvd. And about the chemeleon craze, i think yea kids are gonna tell there parents they want one but most (not all) parents know there kids well enough that there kids are not yet responsible to take care of any small pet and esspecially when they see the price tag on them they will more than likely turn away since they arent exactly a 27 cent goldfish. I was like that as a kid wanted EVERY animal i see. I mean i still would love to own a zoo (but reality i couldnt keep up) i have my dogs, my fish, and my chameleon and i think i am good. anymore animals or at least high maintanace ones and i would be booked for time to take care of them all. hopefully any parent will see that for that price its not worth the risk of getting it and your kid just giving up on it later. oviously you will still get a few cases of the spoiled brat that gives ever whim they desire, but most i think will turn away. hopefully.

my main worry is that were I live petsmart and petco carry chameleons. Petsmart always has at least one veiled in stock, and petco has 4 to 5! :0

This worries me because they are just babies, and the employees at my local stores aren't that good at informing potential owners.

My Opinion.

So i just came upon this thread and i never really thought about sharing my thoughts on the movie but i decided i would.
I saw it the week it came out.

I thought the movie was pretty funny. It did have pros and cons though.

PROS:
.Funny
,Animation was great
.Great Actors

CONS:
.Beginning was boring
.Didn't like the plot
.Beans looked like she was from Star Wars. lol.
.Rango had an aquarium :/

I know they could have done a lot better with the plot.
It seemed to me that it was a great animated film for teens and adults. Not for young kids. It used some very high vocabulary that im sure 5-10 year old didn't know. The whole idea would be pretty hard for kids to understand.

My mom really didn't like the fact that she spent $20 for 2 tickets to see it.
She would laugh every once in awhile but she wanted to leave twice during the movie. I wouldn't let her though. :p
OH and some old guy that i was sitting next to..fell asleep and started snoring! I had to wake him up! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom