Movie

I haven't seen a movie in theaters since Inception and before that hadn't for a long time, either.

If my niece wants to go I'll watch it with her. Otherwise will wait for DVD release and RedBox it.

i just saw rango and it was amazing and rango is definatly a chameleon aha im not going to spoil it for you but ull see what i mean

ok maybe i'm being paranoid... but is anyone else worried that this is going to lead to a boom in the want of reptiles, chameleons in particular?

All that I can think of is the 101 Dalmatians craze, where EVERYONE wanted a dalmatian.

I am even more worried learning that petsmart has a deal going: bring in a rango ticket stub, get ten bucks off the purchase of any reptile.

Is it just me??

i hope so cause i have a 10% off coupon plus my petco savings membership card that i can use this month and i would use it on a pet chammy so long as its a panther or jacksons

ok maybe i'm being paranoid... but is anyone else worried that this is going to lead to a boom in the want of reptiles, chameleons in particular?

Hope so :D

As for the movie... ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Boring and uneventful.
Rather disappointed.

All that I can think of is the 101 Dalmatians craze, where EVERYONE wanted a dalmatian.

I am even more worried learning that petsmart has a deal going: bring in a rango ticket stub, get ten bucks off the purchase of any reptile.

Is it just me??
i agree we dont want the wrong kind of people getting chams and after 2 month getting bored when they realise they have to feed them and clean the cage, they take more looking after than a dog or moggy and then letting them go in a a park
i can see the headlines now..........."england over ran with chameleons"

the local pet shops in my area dont have chams so i am really pleased but we dont want breeders selling them to make a fast buck !!

Is it just me??

Eeyore, it is sad but you are probably very right. The worst thing is, this movie seems like one that only a kid would enjoy, so it will be small children buying chameleons and then caring for them poorly.

just saw it , and i am rather pleased about it for a animated film.:)

it was a rather nice twist to the western films back then,

in closer depth it gives insight to who we truly are, as the bolded phrase,

"who am i"...

i liked it and i feel many people will, from more of a family fun, and overall child-like humor that will make adults laugh.

but like all movies it might not be everyones "cup of tea"

though i reccomend it:D

Just saw it. My kids liked it--but they have yet to see an animated movie that they do not like! I thought it was too long and lacked any direction or action. One of those movies where you keep waiting for something to happen--and it never does. Again, just my opinion!

My girlfriend and I were planning to see it this weekend but my car broke down :(
Hopefully we'll be seeing it sometime this week.

ok maybe I'm being paranoid... but is anyone else worried that this is going to lead to a boom in the want of reptiles, chameleons in particular?

Is it just me??

I am a Store Manager at PetSmart (subsequently none of my thoughts are that of PetSmart, only my own opinions). I can tell you that as long as the associates and managers of the store are doing their jobs the movie will do what I'm hoping it will do......raise reptile ownership awareness.

Reptiles are great pets to have but the key is to have the proper discussion with potential pet parents about not only the fun aspects of ownership, but also give a very real expectation of what they are getting into. For example, baby bearded dragons are very cute and small.....but that pet parent doesn't realize that pet will need at least a 40G breeder tank, therefore most people that are interested in them are immediately turned off when we talk about the size requirements (maybe a leopard gecko fits them better). Of course the list goes on and on (lighting requirements, feeding, handling ability, vet care etc).

I know not every associate at your local pet shop does their due diligence and has these VERY MUCH NEEDED conversations with the potential buyer but I can safely say at my store the pets needs and care is the #1 priority of not only myself and my management staff, but also the associates as well.......Let's just say, I've never had an issue saying no to a person that is impulsively buying a pet if they are not interested in picking up everything they'll need for the care of that pet :).

All that being said, I hope Rango helps to show people that reptiles aren't the slimey "weird" pets that most people think of them as and opens their eyes to a total new pet category other than the typical dog, cat, bird or fish that they're used to.

But I still see kids wanting chameleons as pets. Because they will walk into the petstores and see the chameleons and say "Mommy, Its Rango". But when the kids see them for sale in the petstores they are going to want them. It will be a never ending cycle no matter what the animal is doing or living in, in the movies. If the stores sell them they will be bought up because of movies.
And no matter if one petstore wont sell it to them, doesnt meen the petshop down the street wont. Hopefuly there will be a chameleon rescue set up for this.

It's no different than the "Mommy it's Nemo!!".......Like I said, it's all up to the knowledgable associates in the pet shops selling them. If someone is going to sell a clown fish for a 2 gallon tank then they are just as bad as the person buying it like that......it's all about teaching people about what they're about to buy.

as long as we as sellers (breeders) do our best to educate prospective new owners thats ok with me but as said earlier it will come down to money and sellers trying to make money out of the film

Here's an idea, buy your kid a plush chameleon.
If you are a good (should I say good or would that offend?) parent you will do the research prior and then realize, hey, this isn't a little kid pet!

In all honesty I've had about ten people contact me this weekend - one being my brother, but he didn't see the movie - about getting a chameleon.
I know for a fact that at least six of them saw the movie, and I don't know about the other three.

The movie obviously has had an impact on the chameleon industry, but I have the feeling once everyone who saw the movie and got a chameleon ends up having a bad experience with the chameleon, well, it may not end so well.

They'll be looking for someone to blame, I'm sure.

went yesterday with my little boys...
wasnt that impressed... dont think they were either!

at least its not likely to cause a massive surge in chameleon purchasing ....like nemo did

Fear and Loathing with Rango. Sounds good. Cant wait to see it, regardless of the negative reviews. I really didnt like any of the Pirates of the Carribean at all and those were supposedly good flicks.:rolleyes:

lol....like i said it maybe not everyones "cup of tea":rolleyes:

howeverr i too have a bad feeling with rango, when i came out of the movie theater, alot of kids and even teenagers, and some adults said out loud about wanting a cham , " lets get our own Rango":(

the movie was good...poor rango was kept in Glass cage water bowl with floating dead crix :lol2: it wasnt ALL that funny but the movie was good in general..now my three year old runs around thinking he is Rango with the Hawk chasing him....

Back
Top Bottom