Mouth Rot?

KamaKamaChameleon!

Avid Member
My cham always finds ways to worry me. So this morning when I was getting his bugs ready I looked up and I saw him rubbing his mouth on the branch he was basking on then he licked it. The cage still had water droplets in it after all so? When I fed him I tried to get as close as I can without disturbing him and I don't think I saw anything wrong and around his mouth on his scales look good I think.

well are his lips reddish or swelling or is there a discharge coming from his mouth, if not then he could have just had an itch

My cham always finds ways to worry me. So this morning when I was getting his bugs ready I looked up and I saw him rubbing his mouth on the branch he was basking on then he licked it. The cage still had water droplets in it after all so? When I fed him I tried to get as close as I can without disturbing him and I don't think I saw anything wrong and around his mouth on his scales look good I think.
It's not rubbing of the nose but I've seen both my chams toching branches with their tongue. It's almost as if they are tasting the branch for some reason. I've seen it on various woods and vines and on the free range that has fake vines between points.

They just put their heads down, and touch the branch very briefly with the very tip of their tongue and then move on.

I wonder if it's using taste like a dog uses his nose, after all both senses are linked. Just my theory and if anyone knows why they do this, please post

Back
Top Bottom