mouth rot?

amiera1990

I recently adopted a female Jacksons & little did I know it had mouth rot I believe. It seems to be getting worse part of her face was swollen i lightly pressed it and a whole bunch of green stuff starte coming out of the side of her mouth any advice?

Jackson's are prone to temporal gland infections. They are located in the corners of the mouth. That is a possibility. Yes on the vet absolutely. Nothing any home remedy is going to be able to fix if you see green stuff coming out. It could be mouth rot also. Pics would be helpful, but sounds like you are still gonna need to get your chameleon to a vet.

I think some pics would help and I think a visit to the vet is in order!

Here is a picture the green stuff is what came it it was originally a scab on her mouth

Attachments

• 20130606_121919.jpg
    20130606_121919.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 184
Jackson's are prone to temporal gland infections. They are located in the corners of the mouth. That is a possibility. Yes on the vet absolutely. Nothing any home remedy is going to be able to fix if you see green stuff coming out. It could be mouth rot also. Pics would be helpful, but sounds like you are still gonna need to get your chameleon to a vet.

I posted a picture

Holy infected mouth Batman what is that ? Some one please tell me what that is I have never seen that before ? That is defiantly a vet trip rite there

I'd call the vet asapppppppppp that doesn't even look right.

I feel so bad for her I adopted her a few weeks ago somebody told me it was a calcium deficiency & to dust all her food & I have but it got worse. It was nothing I did but I feel horrible. This poor chameleon has gone through so much for only being a year old

I feel so bad for her I adoptits ed her a few weeks ago somebody told me it was a calcium deficiency & to dust all her food & I have but it got worse. It was nothing I did but I feel horrible. This poor chameleon has gone through so much for only being a year old

its not your fault. You might be able to still help her.

You need to get it to a vet ASAP...have the area cleaned out thoroughly and have a culture and sensitivity test done to determine what antibiotic to put it on. Don't wait too long or you will likely lose it. Betting the culprit is pseudomonas.

Back
Top Bottom