Mouth rot or dead skin?

Haag

Established Member
Hi, I just noticed the following on the lips of my chameleon. It doesn’t look like anything a can find about mouth rot. I found one post on the forum where the person went to the vet and it was nothing to worry about... but I still worry! The chameleon is 6 months old, great appetite and inside of mouth looks healthy. Thanks!

Attachments

• 6665B75A-38C7-4C3E-9361-960267C55F0B.jpeg
    6665B75A-38C7-4C3E-9361-960267C55F0B.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 89
No discoloration on the inside of the mouth? Any swelling to the area inside or out?
here is a picture (sorry not super clear since taken from a video), almost look like an outgrowth of the gum, you can see an occurrence at the front as well.

Attachments

• E3EC20E3-ACCF-4972-93B8-9C436E9F6BE9.png
    E3EC20E3-ACCF-4972-93B8-9C436E9F6BE9.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 92
here is a picture (sorry not super clear since taken from a video), almost look like an outgrowth of the gum, you can see an occurrence at the front as well.
Pleas don’t mind the piece at the front in his mouth... he was eating...

lol unfortunately that does not help much. When you can try to get him to open up for a feeder and snap some pics then. :)

It may just be a bit of shed on that lip line in the pic you posted first. But I don't want to jump to saying all is fine without seeing other images to make sure.

lol unfortunately that does not help much. When you can try to get him to open up for a feeder and snap some pics then. :)

It may just be a bit of shed on that lip line in the pic you posted first. But I don't want to jump to saying all is fine without seeing other images to make sure.
thanks! Yes will take a better picture tomorrow. Here another one

So it is on both sides correct, bottom jaw? I think it may very well be stuck shed... If it is you can try using a wet qtip to see if it comes loose.

He is quite a handsome boy already!
Same side, bottom jaw. Will try!

Yes, he’s gorgeous! I have nothing else to add to this post. What locale? I’m guessing Ankify or Ambanja...

Back
Top Bottom