Mouth rot?! HELP

Liamthecham

How do i know if my cham has stomatitis?? When i first got him he had some brown stuff on the side of his mouth ( which i had thought was bug guts) it was not going away and about two weeks later he has (sticky saliva? or puss?) coming out also looks like he is blowing bubbles but coming from the side of his mouth, i already tried cleaning it off with a q tip and also made him drink a bit... very worried! thanks

Sounds like a respiratory infection on top of mouth rot by what you describe. Can you post pics of his mouth? No matter what, Sounds like he needs to be seen by a vet

picture

unnamed.jpg It was hard to get him to let me take a picture

^^

Sounds like a respiratory infection on top of mouth rot by what you describe. Can you post pics of his mouth? No matter what, Sounds like he needs to be seen by a vet

How is it a respiratory infection if his saliva is sticky and all having to do with mouth?

URI Symptoms by chameleonden.uk

Signs of respiratory infection can include

Gaping of the mouth (this can be normal if the animal is close to a heat source)
Excess stringy mucus inside the mouth (although a very small amount is normal)
You may hear a very quiet popping noise when the animal is held close to your ear
Forced raspy exhalations
Wheezing
Small raised areas of inflammation around the nostrils
A slight opening of the mouth and gular extension (not to be confused with threat posture)
In very advanced stages - bubbling at the mouth and nostrils

Back
Top Bottom