Mouth infection after one moth treatment persists - help!

@kinyonga They are white birch branches - bought them from a garden center in tip top shape (no insects marks and the bark is intact, no peeling). The panther never chews on the branches (nor any leafs) The branch problem looks like a false alarm, over the weekend I cleaned the cage a bit with water and the white spots looked like it was old skin that he shed with water deposits (in an awkward spot that allowed to kinda build there)

Vet came back suggesting a vitamin A injection (as the infection might be due to low vitamin A) until we can do a biopsy. Any thoughts on vit A injections?o_O

Another theory is that he has a temporal 'pouch' on either side of the mouth that is not infected/full

I know in humans there are temporal pouches...don t know where exactly they are in panther chameleons.
(Jacksons have temporal glands in the corners of their mouths...that's all I know about location wise.)
Because there is an area on both sides of the mouth it's not like it was an insect bite...it's either something physical that is there or he bit down evenlynon something I would think.

Can't tell you about the vitamin A injection. Does he get any prEformed vitamin A now in his supplements?
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Right now he is off any vitamin supplements because (if you skim thru my post history) one of the problems where pointed is that I have over fed him with Vitamins (every other day I use to give him vitamins) so now he is off Vitamins for the past month and a half. I have to introduce them back - I just don't know when exactly.

You are right Jacksons have the temporal glands in the corners (what I have found in my research) but I don't know about Panthers either. Any bit helps so thanks for engaging (y)

You said..."Right now he is off any vitamin supplements because (if you skim thru my post history) one of the problems where pointed is that I have over fed him with Vitamins (every other day I use to give him vitamins) so now he is off Vitamins for the past month and a half. I have to introduce them back - I just don't know when exactly"...sometimes I don't have time to re-read/skim the whole thread...sorry. I answer a lot of threads on here. The vitamins you have to worry about taking time to get out of his system are the fat soluble ones like D3 and A (and E and K).

I just want to update everyone - as I was not active for a while: the little guy got better! (y) and I think it was just because of time. At first it got a little bit worst and for the past month the swell really started to retreat and now it is very small.

Things I have done (since my last post) I took him to another vet they did a smear test (sample saliva) with no evident result they suggested surgery to remove the growth. This being my second surgery quote - I have decided to simply wait! (the cost of the surgery is simply to high) I have deiced to wait because even the vet said he is looking very healthy (except the growth) and he has a great appetite.

The only thing that I have done different - (that I have not done before) is that I have cleaned his mouth with hydrogen peroxide twice.Before I was using a substance that the vet provided to clean his mouth. After a long break I have reintroduced vitamins (proper schedule) The crickets got fed with more variety so probably that helped as well.

Looks like time healed with small adjustments. Thanks for everyone who helped

Back
Top Bottom