Mouth Bleeding

maddiemomo

The corner of my veiled chameleon's mouth has been bleeding for probably a week but I thought it was just a piece of cricket or something until recently. I'm not sure what is causing it or how to stop it. I'm just not sure what to do and I don't know of any veterinary clinics near me that treat reptiles

IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg
Here are some pictures

You cant just depend on the uvb. Still needs proper calcium supplements and a good diet. Biggest concern is finding a vet. Changing the uvb if thats and issue they have is not going to change the current situation

When you take it to the vet for the mouth issue I would get the vet to test for MBD. If it also has MBD then it will likely need liquid calcium for awhile until the bones get stronger again along with proper supplementing, proper UVB exposure and well fed/gutloaded insects, appropriate temperatures....all but the liquid calcium will have to continue after the bones are strong again in order to stop the MBD from returning....if it does have it.

Once I was feeding my chameleon a cricket and she missed and she had a bit of trouble getting it back in so I watched her for the next 5 hours and she is fine now. Could that be his tongue he bit

Back
Top Bottom