Mountain View Area Anyone?

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone is in south bay, preferably near mountain view. I was thinking we could buy more feeders wholesale and split them to save money, my feeder costs are kind of adding up :rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone is in south bay, preferably near mountain view. I was thinking we could buy more feeders wholesale and split them to save money, my feeder costs are kind of adding up :rolleyes:
You could start breeding a small colony of roaches to cut costs. Learning how to breed your own silkworms is also a good way. Is a little hard to get started and figuring out what works best, but is well worth it.

You could start breeding a small colony of roaches to cut costs. Learning how to breed your own silkworms is also a good way. Is a little hard to get started and figuring out what works best, but is well worth it.
My cham doesn't eat roaches :(
The reason I haven't started breeding silkies is because they needa lot of things.... at least it seems like they need a lot of care requirements. You need an incubator, mulberry leaves, and a lot of time. Is it really like this or is it easy to breed them?

My cham doesn't eat roaches :(
The reason I haven't started breeding silkies is because they needa lot of things.... at least it seems like they need a lot of care requirements. You need an incubator, mulberry leaves, and a lot of time. Is it really like this or is it easy to breed them?
I somehow ended up with lots of heat mats, so I sit the eggs I’m hatching on a lower wattage one (with a deli lid or two between so I don’t bake them). I buy powdered chow off eBay and make smaller batches from it rather than the whole package. Once or twice a day I check to see if the eggs have hatched and give bits of fresh chow if they have. Once a bit bigger, I check them daily and every couple of days give them fresh chow and clean the poop. I try to hatch more eggs than I think I’ll need so I can let a couple of dozen silkies cocoon and provide new eggs. *not all of the eggs may hatch, not all of the babies will survive, not all of the silkies will cocoon and not all of the cocoons will hatch.
Like I said, is hard to get started and figure out a routine. Once you get past that, it’s pretty easy.

I somehow ended up with lots of heat mats, so I sit the eggs I’m hatching on a lower wattage one (with a deli lid or two between so I don’t bake them). I buy powdered chow off eBay and make smaller batches from it rather than the whole package. Once or twice a day I check to see if the eggs have hatched and give bits of fresh chow if they have. Once a bit bigger, I check them daily and every couple of days give them fresh chow and clean the poop. I try to hatch more eggs than I think I’ll need so I can let a couple of dozen silkies cocoon and provide new eggs. *not all of the eggs may hatch, not all of the babies will survive, not all of the silkies will cocoon and not all of the cocoons will hatch.
Like I said, is hard to get started and figure out a routine. Once you get past that, it’s pretty easy.
OK! I will give it a shot sometime. Don't you need a crap ton of silkies judging how fast chams mow through them?

Back
Top Bottom