Motorcylce people...

Solid Snake

Avid Member
Anyone know anything about this POS?

posbike_zpsb2481f75.jpg

It wont run...properly...the general consensus is that theres an issue with the carburetor...but if anyone has experience with this bike I wouldnt mind chatting about a few things...

What would you like to know? I don't know about that particular model, but I know my way around small motors...

If you still have my number just text me

Excellent, I may ask you some specific questions soon.

Im ripping it apart now, going to clean everything up, and plan to rebuild the carburetors, Ive never messed with them much though, Im more of a injected kinda guy. :rolleyes:

So I just dont know much about the whole deal. :eek:

Its coming apart easier than I figured it would though, but I dont think anyones cared about this machine for awhile ;/

Haha it looks pretty clean! Two or four cycle?

If its been sitting long, its definitely due for an oil change. As well as draining any gas that might have been sitting in the tank. I'm sure you know that, but just in case ;)

That thing looks like it could be a lot of fun! I'm in the market for a crotch rocket myself :)

I think its about all original, and it being a 70's model...:rolleyes:

Hahaha, actually, it leaked out most of the fuel all on its very own today. :):eek::mad::p

So today was the day we started working on it.

Its a four stroke.

Ive never rode alot, but Ive never rode anything this small, looks like it could be fun?

Its my brothers, I wouldnt have bought it, not for the price he payed especially!:eek:

Should make a nice looking cafe racer though, just hope it can be brought back to life without too much effort, but Im experienced enough to know its not going to be easy.:p

After that Ill start the body work and aesthetics(my specialty ;) ) I think its fairly ugly at the moment, ok, really ugly.

The carbs came off and apart easy enough, one of the floats was all beat to hell, and had holes in it! So no wonder...
Nothing else seemed too bad though.

Love motorcycles. I've been riding since I was 10. There's nothing like riding a motorcycle. There's not a car out there that compares to riding. Good luck with the rebuild. I've always done my own work on motorcycles. It's a lot fun to tear it down and then build it back up. I love adding after market parts to them. It's more fun and satisfying than dropping it off at the dealer.

Id love to see pics of other peoples rides or projects.

Heres something I worked on a few years ago, that wound up eating itself before it was completely done:

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

Here's my bike. 09 gsxr 1000. I love street bikes! There no better feeling in the world(besides skydiving) than feeling a turn or going 150.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361241700.664194.jpg

Nice! I almost bought one back in the day, glad I didnt, or I probably wouldnt be here now :p

Heres the other project we have going:

Then:

IMAG0173.jpg

...and now:

newshadow_zps9974ac34.jpg

Here's my Harley night rod special. Love this bike. Very fast and LOUD!!! Shakes my living room tables when I fire it up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361300640.307412.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361300654.316173.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361300770.200451.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361300668.714089.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361300668.714089.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom