Most Friendliest Chameleon?

KClark

Whats everyone's opnion on the most frienliest chameleon.. like the best to handle and most outgoing?

I have heard from a lot of people on the forums that panther chameleons are the friendliest chams to deal with. I plan on getting one myself soon so I guess I'll be able to follow up with my own story, haha. Right now I've got a baby 2 and a half month old veiled and he's as nice as can be.

There is no one "friendliest species," it really comes down to individuals. You can have a panther be just as mean as a veiled, or anything else. Or you could have a super friendly veiled or a super friendly Jackson's, it really depends more on the individual animal. Lots of people have friendly panthers but both of mine are really mean, while my veiled is a sweetheart.

It really depends. Just go for the species you love the most and get comfortable with the idea that you may not get a really friendly cham. You have to be ready to love them as a display pet.

from what iv seen, Nosy Be Panthers seem to be extremley friendly. Iv never seen or read about any nasty Nosys

None if your looking for friendly get a beardie. Some have different personalitys but not a certian species, i have veileds that will bite and some that will come to your hand, i have panthers that will do the same.

My panther LOVES to be held. He's so comfortable around me he even poops on my hand >.<. But seriously though, it's gotten to the point that when I walk by the cage he crawls up to the door and follows my hand sometimes.

Sometimes I feel bad for him and sometimes I won't even come close to the cage because hell just hang on the door and wait for me.

And hand feeding? forget about it, stick your hand in there with food and he'll just climb on top of it.

I agree with most members that posted. its all about the personality. Like JannB shes got a cham touch thing going on. all of them are in love with her :)
My female for instance was raised very well. never tries to bite or hiss at me :) don't know about the handeling though shes just the kind of Cham that takes its. lol :p my male also hates me when i go near him and his enclosure but of course hes going through his little teen months :p:rolleyes: lol so he wants his alone time. but once i hold him he expects me to put him in a hanging pothos or something he literally "Reaches for the Sky" lol :) should have named him Buzz Lightyear:) but otherwise hes alright with it unless you get close to him and he hisses and tries to bite your head off (;

There are no "friendly" chameleons around. Chameleons are relative stupid animals, some can link humans with food. For others humans are just predators, so they "fight" us. That is it. And there aren't some which like it to being handled they just ignore you.
If you search an anmal which is friendly, buy a cat or dog.

Whats everyone's opnion on the most frienliest chameleon.. like the best to handle and most outgoing?

I would say Fred, with his silk mustache, is the most friendliest chameleon. He is very gentle.

IMG_7159.jpg

Don't listen to everyone here. They have no clue what they are talking about. There is a breed of chameleon called, Furcifer stuffedcosus, which has fantastic colors and are super friendly...

Here's a pic

48fbaa35efdfa_35269b.jpg

I have a veiled and a panther, I handle them both daily but as soon as they get dark I put them back. My veiled is about 5 months and my panther is about 2 months, they're both extremeeeely friendly!

There are no "friendly" chameleons around. Chameleons are relative stupid animals, some can link humans with food. For others humans are just predators, so they "fight" us. That is it. And there aren't some which like it to being handled they just ignore you.
If you search an anmal which is friendly, buy a cat or dog.

Personally, I don't like to say that chams are either unfriendly or friendly. Just not the right term and an attempt to lay human terms on a creature that is NOT human. Think about it this way...some chams are much more tolerant around human activity than others. I wouldn't say that chams are "stupid", but rather that they are not socially sophisticated. Their evolution in the wild didn't require them to be social so they never developed that set of behaviors. They never needed to know how to behave around a human...so why should the captive chams who are just a few generations removed from wild individuals be any different? To me, stupid means someone (or something) is deliberately unwilling or too lazy to use the brain or abilities they have available.

A cham is intelligent enough to survive its wild existence. That's not stupidity...just a different type of experience and knowledge than what would be expected from a social mammal (like a human or a pack animal like a dog).

I dont think there is a friendliest species. But it does seem as if the females are more laid back than the males. That doesnt mean they enjoy being handled it just means they wont bite or lunge at you everytime you come near.

Personally, I don't like to say that chams are either unfriendly or friendly. Just not the right term and an attempt to lay human terms on a creature that is NOT human. Think about it this way...some chams are much more tolerant around human activity than others. I wouldn't say that chams are "stupid", but rather that they are not socially sophisticated. Their evolution in the wild didn't require them to be social so they never developed that set of behaviors. They never needed to know how to behave around a human...so why should the captive chams who are just a few generations removed from wild individuals be any different? To me, stupid means someone (or something) is deliberately unwilling or too lazy to use the brain or abilities they have available.

A cham is intelligent enough to survive its wild existence. That's not stupidity...just a different type of experience and knowledge than what would be expected from a social mammal (like a human or a pack animal like a dog).

My thoughts exactly, I wouldn't call a chameleon stupid either.

Back
Top Bottom