most clutches laid by female panther chameleon

trevev

I was wondering if anyone has had a female lay more than 3 clutches in a row. My female has already laid a total of 107 eggs from 3 clutches. Her last clutch was about a month ago and now she is definitely receptive again.

I was wondering if anyone has had a female lay more than 3 clutches in a row. My female has already laid a total of 107 eggs from 3 clutches. Her last clutch was about a month ago and now she is definitely receptive again.

Are the additional clutches retained or are you breeding her each time?

I just had a 3rd retained clutch that was 12 1/2 months old hatch out. One day of breeding back in Jan 2012.

Hey panther 67, do you find the fertility rate goes down with each successive retained clutch?

I also had 3 retained clutches. I found that my 2nd and 3rd clutches had a lower fertility rate than my first clutch, but this can be from many things like what and how much you feed your female while she is producing the eggs.

Hey panther 67, do you find the fertility rate goes down with each successive retained clutch?

I did not. All the eggs from all three clutches hatched. Out of those that hatched I lost three. 2 with tongues that did not work from the start and a 3rd hatched without eyes.

The fertility will not always decrease with each clutch if enough sperm is stored. If there is enough sperm the. All should be fertile.

I only found this out a few days ago. I had a female I mated two weeks into her receptive cycle just once and she wouldn't mate again. She laid eggs 20 days later but none were fertile. I am hoping sperm has been stored and her retained clutch is fertile.

I also had 3 retained clutches. I found that my 2nd and 3rd clutches had a lower fertility rate than my first clutch, but this can be from many things like what and how much you feed your female while she is producing the eggs.

My fertility rate was still high, only 5 didn't make it out of the egg out of 30.

Back
Top Bottom