moss bedding

Justinschramm05

has anyone had any bad experiences with moss bedding, I mixed it with some soil, and pressed it to the bottom. It's supposed to be safe for the lizards to swallow in small amounts. I'm using it because I'm having problems keeping the humididy up and the moss really helps alot.

I am curious as well, I bought some of this before I read about not using substrates.

The back of the bag has it listed as perferred for chameleons, but if you read further down you get to this tidbit. :)
When feeding live food, it is best to feed the reptile in a separate container such as a cloth bag (snakes) or a terrarium that contains no bedding.

I used the stuff before when i had my cham in a big 55 gallon with a top on it. You're right it helped the humidity stay real up. It was always around 75-80% and my Fischers loved it. the only problem isnt the cham eating it, its the crickets always getting away. Bruce could never find any of the little buggers so i switched it out. Not to mention it kinda kept the humidity a lil to high everything started to mold soo thats when i cleaned it out.

Back
Top Bottom