morio colony!

yungzerk

Avid Member
After waiting a couple weeks of gut loading and a lot of patience, i’m finally starting to see my morios pupate! After a decent amount of them turn into beetles i’ll start breeding the beetles 🤗😆
IMG_3274.jpeg
IMG_3273.jpeg

Great job! I use craft containers with separate spaces to get my supers to pupate and it does take a while. Once they’re beetles, the hard part is over. Before you know it you will be up to your eyeballs in supers. 😂 I’m serious. The beetles are quite frisky and all they do is mate, eat and lay eggs. They do like a little privacy, so give them a piece of eggcrate to hide under. The beetles live for a decent amount of time…months. You might want to find some friends with insect eaters to share the bounty with. :)

Nice work! Adding to miss skittles, I use a plastic tackle box with separators and stick them in a dark room checking on them every few weeks. Then as they become beetles, I move them to a bin with some oatmeal layer bottom and begin feeding. I feed carrots, peppers, greens and bananas, apples. Pretty much the same my other feeders. Good luck!

Great job! I use craft containers with separate spaces to get my supers to pupate and it does take a while. Once they’re beetles, the hard part is over. Before you know it you will be up to your eyeballs in supers. 😂 I’m serious. The beetles are quite frisky and all they do is mate, eat and lay eggs. They do like a little privacy, so give them a piece of eggcrate to hide under. The beetles live for a decent amount of time…months. You might want to find some friends with insect eaters to share the bounty with. :)
that’s super great to hear 🥰😂😂 I’m sure with all the colonies i have going on i’ll have to start a free local insect farm 😆

Nice work! Adding to miss skittles, I use a plastic tackle box with separators and stick them in a dark room checking on them every few weeks. Then as they become beetles, I move them to a bin with some oatmeal layer bottom and begin feeding. I feed carrots, peppers, greens and bananas, apples. Pretty much the same my other feeders. Good luck!
i actually used to do that same exact method when i was 9 or 10 with my first bearded dragon and i COMPLETELY forgot about it, thank you so much for refreshing my mind 🤩 i’ll be doing that today!

Back
Top Bottom