More of the Brookesia

Lizardlover

Something still tells me this is a female. Maybe some better pics will clear it all up. Others in the cage have longer tails with more defined bulges and larger "horns".

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

Nope, and thanks, I guess females are harder to find because it seems like most pictures Ive seen are of males.

thank you all, sexing these is confusing for me, and Im normally pretty good at that!

Obviously this is a male, but I just dont see the same features in this guy as mine. (bulge, horns,size, body-weight etc). does anyone have a female to show me so i can actually see the difference?

cham.jpg

photo from Ben Siegel Reptiles

Last edited:
Well, I know the consensus on this one has been a male Brookesia superciliaris, but in my opinion, it looks more like a female Brookesia therezieni. The integument seems fairly course and heterogeneous, and the lateral spines on the tail seem fairly well developed to be B. superciliaris. Further, as you can see in the photos below, male B. superciliaris are quite well endowed and females can be fairly full at the base of the tail.

Males:
Brookesiasuperciliaris009copya.jpg

Brookesiasuperciliaris100copya.jpg

Females:
Brookesiasuperciliaris068copya.jpg

Brookesiasuperciliaris075copya.jpg

Brookesiasuperciliaris105copya.jpg

The male in the photo from the shop definitely looks like a male B. therezieni, BTW.

Chris

Well, I know the consensus on this one has been a male Brookesia superciliaris, but in my opinion, it looks more like a female Brookesia therezieni. The integument seems fairly course and heterogeneous, and the lateral spines on the tail seem fairly well developed to be B. superciliaris. Further, as you can see in the photos below, male B. superciliaris are quite well endowed and females can be fairly full at the base of the tail.

The male in the photo from the shop definitely looks like a male B. therezieni, BTW.

Chris

Chris,
Now that you say that- I agree with the species now. I wonder if other people know what they are selling when they advertise Brookesia.

Is there any reason why just B. superciliaris have been coming in and not B. stumpffi or B. theili?

Chris,
Now that you say that- I agree with the species now. I wonder if other people know what they are selling when they advertise Brookesia.

Is there any reason why just B. superciliaris have been coming in and not B. stumpffi or B. theili?

I kinda figured it was a therezieni because in my last thread I wrote that I didnt think it was a super. I told Ben that they werent supers.

If you dont have a facebook you should definetly consider getting one so you can get in on Bens awesome auctions! That is a picture of one that I won last night in an auction.

Back
Top Bottom