More Montiums (new clutch)

tucc185

Just a week after my first clutch of T. montiums hatched out (laid March), my female laid another clutch this afternoon! I found her late today still digging but clearly lighter. After digging up all the substrate in her enclosure, I finally managed to find the eggs in the last place I expected to see them: inside the pot of one of her plants!

6 eggs total, a bit smaller than her previous clutch (8). After laying, she looks unbelievably healthy and barely stressed. I gave her a few drops of calcium glubionate and plenty of water and I'm confident she'll recover nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 146
When i first saw this thread i thought of you ferretinmyshoes and ive been looking around for a female for you. Also, congrats on the eggs!!!

Thats awesome news, we should have clutches hatching around the same time!

Edit: Do you know what her gestation time was?

Thats awesome news, we should have clutches hatching around the same time!

Edit: Do you know what her gestation time was?

I'm thinking around 2 months. I noticed her appetite increasing substantially around then and some weight gain. 5 or 6 weeks ago she was visibly gravid.

Just a week after my first clutch of T. montiums hatched out (laid March), my female laid another clutch this afternoon! I found her late today still digging but clearly lighter. After digging up all the substrate in her enclosure, I finally managed to find the eggs in the last place I expected to see them: inside the pot of one of her plants!

6 eggs total, a bit smaller than her previous clutch (8). After laying, she looks unbelievably healthy and barely stressed. I gave her a few drops of calcium glubionate and plenty of water and I'm confident she'll recover nicely.

Congrats yet again! Fantastic news... Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom