Monty's finally coming around

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
He is shedding right now but he's around 8 mo now.

I fed him like 14 crickets (littler ones) and then he came out on my arm after one. I let him crawl around my back and shoulder and then put him back. I just fed him some zucchini bits and he would chomp them off my hand. He liked it so much he would open his mouth at me when I started to take it away. Maybe I'll try some other fruits! :)

No hissing at all today. Whoever said the way to a cham's heart was his stomach is a genius.

Way to go Monty!! A little patience can go a long ways when it comes to chameleons and well worth the wait once you can win them over :)

Way to go Monty!! A little patience can go a long ways when it comes to chameleons and well worth the wait once you can win them over :)

Yep! He's becoming a little sweetheart now. I'm gonna feed him other veggies and fruits tomorrow and then finish up his cage stand. We're gonna see if we can have him in it ASAP. He'll be taller than me and I'll have a live plant by my desk so he can chill next to me if he wants food

Is Monty a panther or a veiled? My panther does not seem interested in eating anything other than bugs and dirt

Is Monty a panther or a veiled? My panther does not seem interested in eating anything other than bugs and dirt

Veiled.

Panthers usually do not eat veggies just to let you know :) It's completely normal. Although, if he does fancy a bite of fruit or veggies maybe he's just being adventurous.

He will often bite on branches or plastics when he is out of his enclosure. It seems he is trying to taste different things. He has also eaten some dried up jade plant leaves, strange.

He will often bite on branches or plastics when he is out of his enclosure. It seems he is trying to taste different things. He has also eaten some dried up jade plant leaves, strange.

Try offering him a little chunk of a fruit like pears, apples, a little bit of melon, I think strawberry is okay, little chunk of orange.

Or veggies too. Cucumbers, zucchinis, carrots, butternut squash, but make sure to cut anything you feed to it into tiny chunks or thin wafers they can chew.

Also dandelion greens, collard greens, kale, this stuff called endive, escarole, hibiscus leaves and flowers, and other chameleon edible flowers and leaves.

I THINK rose petals might be okay too.

If your cham associates your hand with food, then try and offer him a bit of specially made salad!

Usually I offer crickets, and a while ago they HAD to be moving and catch his interest. Now I just hold up my hand and he eats whatever is on it. Like zucchini or orange slices.

I want him to be my little spoiled boy :p He gets all the tasty safe veggies and fruits he wants.

It seems like yours is adventurous enough. I'd try it.

If he doesn't go for it at first, push it gently against the tip of his mouth so he'll get the idea lol. That's what I did and I guess he felt it or smelled it because he loved fruits and veggies after that.

Back
Top Bottom