Monsoon stopped working and exo terra got me a new one BUT.....

jurjenfromholland

:confused: So... my monsoon stopped working and i got a new
monsoon... it looks improved... but now my new kit....
doesnt spray awesome... tryed few headers.. and only 1 works...
anyone knows if there are other branch headers that i can use
that do work??? ....:rolleyes: if so... is there a way
the headers can be fixed..? even the 2 that i got with the kit.. dont work..
and those are brand new...? thx already

the heads screw off and can be soaked in CLR or vinegar. You should also run at least 1 tank of water through the pump before you use it.

Unfortunately, Monsoons are crap! I would contact exo-terra and let them know. My second unit wouldn't work right out of the box, I am on my third now and it has still not been a year since I first purchased the thing! At least they are good about replacing them when they fail.

I'm afraid to say I had 3 in 2 months. Nozzles were ok but the timer was crap. Gave up and got a mistking.

I'm afraid to say I had 3 in 2 months. Nozzles were ok but the timer was crap. Gave up and got a mistking.

Ditto.
Same experience here, Kate.

I went through 2 in about 6 months and gave up on them. :mad::mad::mad:

Its too bad because they *seem* like they could be such a good product.

But the fact is that it seems like exxo -tearra has deliberately made them so cheaply with quality apparently as THEIR LEAST CONCERN ...
makes it all kind of sad.

They have been on the market now for what...?..about 5 or 6 years now?
You think that they would have all the "bugs" worked out by now... if they really cared.

WELL, THANKFULLY WE HAVE MARTY AND HIS MIST KING!

addendum
after as long as these have been on the market, I can't imagine the issues with them are any mystery.

It seems that the problem is that the inside electronics are not waterproofed (humidity proofed) well enough and the connections and pump system develops leaks..... up in the head of the unit.

Then it seems that the moisture and condensation that ends up building up in the closed in head of the unit simply fries the electronics and shorts them out.
That is why they start running crazy or not going at all.
My first one lasted all of about 3 months before going crazy and flooding everything.:(
The second new improved one failed EVEN FASTER.:eek:
unbelievable.

Ditto.
Same experience here, Kate.

I went through 2 in about 6 months and gave up on them. :mad::mad::mad:

Its too bad because they *seem* like they could be such a good product.

But the fact is that it seems like exxo -tearra has deliberately made them so cheaply with quality apparently as THEIR LEAST CONCERN ...
makes it all kind of sad.

They have been on the market now for what...?..about 5 or 6 years now?
You think that they would have all the "bugs" worked out by now... if they really cared.

WELL, THANKFULLY WE HAVE MARTY AND HIS MIST KING!

My monsoon crapped out in a month - then another month with a timer from walmart -then dead. My aquazamp works great- even when it did work I would have a problem with the misting heads clogging - i would soak them in vinegar - I haven't had a problem with clogging with my aquazamp at all-
I know I couldn't use any of my sprayers from my monsoon with the aquazamp and I'm pretty sure if you went the other way it wouldn't work either. I will not buy anything from exo-terra or zoomed if I don't have to - bulbs burning out and pictures of jackson's on their labels for sups w/d - I get my acadia lights from Todd at "Light my Reptiles" (or Venutus1 Yes, I'm a brown nosier but you do have great service )

Guys i know it sucks.. but had it as a present..
so wanna make the best of it.. And it works great for my veiled...
always... but now the heads are just bad... so any solution for that??
thx

I have seen just the heads on amazon I just looked for the spare ones I had but I must have thrown them out. I have one sprayer I'll mail out on Monday if you send me a pm with your address and if I don't have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to drop it in the mail.

Guys i know it sucks.. but had it as a present..
so wanna make the best of it.. And it works great for my veiled...
always... but now the heads are just bad... so any solution for that??
thx

I had the same problem. Mine works fine now. All i had to do was get the nozzle heads and soak them in vinegar for 10 minutes. After doing that get a fine wire brush or tooth brush and scrub the front of the nozzle head(where the water comes out). After you scrub them rinse them with water and put the rear side of the nozzle head(where it screws in) in your mouth. Try sucking in while they are in your mouth. If you are not able to suck any air out repeat the process. Note: it will not be easy to suck in, but if you can tell the slightest bit that air is moving through it than the nozzle head will work. Hope this helps because it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom