monsoon mister

I saw one in a pet shop in Milwaukee, but I have heard there were some issues that needed to be fixed so Hagen stopped shipping them. Have you tried fleebay?

i have a monsoon RS400 and have had no problems with it at all,i love it,allthough i wish it had more time settings,to get the proper hydration i have to have it run once every hr for 2 mins,but it doesnt clog or drip,it has a nice mist..secretly i would love a mistking but think i will wait on that as my boyfriend already thinks my chams are treated way better than he is..he even thinks my crix are fed better than him,but to look at him you would never guess it lmao..when were the monsoons recalled? ive only had mine for a few mnths..

Found one localy for $119.00 it included the remote. boy does it work! and the little bit of drip that comes out the nozzle makes perfect my female cham she likes the little drips and drinks the drips.

truthfully if its not a full on cosistent drip i still wouldnt mind having one..i like them but mist king is pretty bad ass, but its an expensive commercial unit..if i had 20 chams it would be perfect, lol..but monsoon works great for just 5 chams

truthfully if its not a full on cosistent drip i still wouldnt mind having one..i like them but mist king is pretty bad ass, but its an expensive commercial unit..if i had 20 chams it would be perfect, lol..but monsoon works great for just 5 chams

Mist king is cheaper and better. Why do you think it's more expensive?

I bought a Monsoon from a local pet store for $109 last week and it is working great for the one cage I have. It doesn't really drip much after it shuts off either.

Mist king is cheaper and better. Why do you think it's more expensive?

Yep. Perhaps they are including shipping cost. The King's robust digital timer trumps the novelty remote control any day. No need for a remote when everything is automatic.

I have both systems.
The Monsoon is a pretty decent mister, but the Mistking by far beats it performance wise. I started the hobby with a Habba mister. Now THAT is a horrible mister.
The Monsoon is a great "All in one unit" & looks great under my open bottom stand. The after drip is not bad at all & only last for a few seconds.
However, what the Mistking can do with 1 nozzle, the Monsoon needs 2.
The Monsoon's mist is much more harder (bigger drops). The Mistking's mist is fine & has a wider spread. My Panther does not like to be sprayed & would retreat once the Monsoon went on. The shower from the Mistking doesn't seem to bother him at all.
Although the Monsoon is not annoyingly loud, the Mistking is much quieter despite the vibration from the hoses. Zip-Ties solved that problem.
The timer on the MistKing is more precise and the program options are unlimited, where as with the Monsoon I used another external timer to cut off over night mistings.
Despite what Exo-Terra states, there are no parts available or extra nozzles that can be purchased. There is no way it can handle as many nozzles as they claim as well. The pump is not powerful enough. Exo-Terra states the container holds 1 gallon but it actually holds around 2 gallons.
Mounting the nozzles from the Monsoon were a bit of a pain due to the fact the sides of the nozzles are for suction cups made for terrariums. There are no mounting points for cages to keep the nozzles secure. I used a wire wrapped around the stem to mount them to the sides of the cage....but they still remained a bit flimsy compared to the mounting options from Mistking.

There are no comparisons between both nozzles. Mistking has that hands down.

It does depend on one's the set up to determine which would be a better unit, but for me & my 48" open air cage.....the Mistking is my choice.
For smaller cages & terrariums the Monsoon would be great.

I paid $100 for the Monsoon @ a show & the Mistking "Starter Package" is the same price.
For performance & quality, I go with Mistking.
Looks & ease of use goes to the Monsoon.
I don't see any purpose of having a remote.

Good luck :)

I have both systems.
The Monsoon is a pretty decent mister, but the Mistking by far beats it performance wise. I started the hobby with a Habba mister. Now THAT is a horrible mister.
The Monsoon is a great "All in one unit" & looks great under my open bottom stand. The after drip is not bad at all & only last for a few seconds.
The Monsoon's mist is much more harder (bigger drops). The Mistking's mist is fine & has a wider spread. My Panther does not like to be sprayed & would retreat once the Monsoon went on. The shower from the Mistking doesn't seem to bother him at all.
Although the Monsoon is not annoyingly loud, the Mistking is much quieter despite the vibration from the hoses. Zip-Ties solved that problem.
The timer on the MistKing is more precise and the program options are unlimited, where as with the Monsoon I used another external timer to cut off over night mistings.
Despite what Exo-Terra states, there are no parts available or extra nozzles that can be purchased. There is no way it can handle as many nozzles as they claim as well. The pump is not powerful enough. Exo-Terra states the container holds 1 gallon but it actually holds around 2 gallons.
Mounting the nozzles from the Monsoon were a bit of a pain due to the fact the sides of the nozzles are for suction cups made for terrariums. There are no mounting points for cages to keep the nozzles secure. I used a wire wrapped around the stem to mount them to the sides of the cage....but they still remained a bit flimsy compared to the mounting options from Mistking.

It does depend on one's the set up to determine which would be a better unit, but for me & my 48" open air cage.....the Mistking is my choice.

I paid $100 for the Monsoon @ a show & the Mistking "Starter Package" is the same price.

can you find a link for a mistking thats only 120 cause ive only seen any of them for 209.99 way too much..ied rather get another incubator for that and have a monsoon too..but i really do want the mist king..

The starter kit comes with everything to get you set up. I got that and some extra nozzles and I couldn't be happier. I even ran my pump dry for about 2 hours(didn't set the timer right) and it still works perfect. If you done that with other pumps it would be toast and maybe even your house:eek:

Yep....
Besides a nice looking pimped out bucket.;)

I got a nice one at the Container Store.

hell yess..ya i figured ied need a bucket..

as for the pump running dry, wow..thats nice to know that its made with durable components..

guess im turned..im going mist king now, ha:D

I have both systems.

This product seems like it will solve the mounting issue for mesh cages...

http://www.petstore.com/Zoo_Med_Mag...ternal_Filters-Zoo_Med-MZ11001-RPTPIN-vi.html

Back
Top Bottom