Monitoring system when out of town?

agdrac8

Hello,

My fiance are going on our honeymoon from 7/1-7/18. We're coming back on 7/8 to check on the buddies. We're also having my brother in law come every other day and we showed him everything to take care of them. We have 2 panther chameleons and 1 eastern collared lizard. I'm mostly worried about the chameleons as they aren't as hardy as our collared, plus my brother in law doesn't know reptiles at all or warning signs to look for.

We're going to have the A.C. set the whole time, their fogger will be on and we have a hygrometer and temp gun and we can leave acceptable ranges and be called if it's out of the range. But we're still just worried about them being good for 3 weeks. We bought the Lacrosse Monitoring system but it just won't work and we've called tech support.

Are there any other monitoring systems we could order on Amazon maybe? I saw one but it just does temp/humidity and its $150. Or are there any recommended tips when you go on vacation? Thank you thank you!!!

If you're going to have a bunch of sensors, accurite is going to be better because the sensors are cheaper. If you want a maximum of 2 sensors, the la crosse is good. Both will send texts on alert. I have been using accurite for several years and only recently started using la crosse when my accurite finally became outdated. The accurite one I've linked here is the new model, be careful you don't want to buy the old model which will end support on feb 2019. The la crosse one also requires an 11$ per year fee for the alerts.

If you're going to have a bunch of sensors, accurite is going to be better because the sensors are cheaper. If you want a maximum of 2 sensors, the la crosse is good. Both will send texts on alert. I have been using accurite for several years and only recently started using la crosse when my accurite finally became outdated. The accurite one I've linked here is the new model, be careful you don't want to buy the old model which will end support on feb 2019. The la crosse one also requires an 11$ per year fee for the alerts.

Thank you!! I'll have to check out accurite as la crosse just would not work. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom