Molting Problem

Ozone

EE9C5B7C-0C42-4160-9156-640E20E5552C.jpeg
01534216-BA58-46A5-A8CA-8084854503D8.jpeg

Hi Chameleon Forums,

Ozone’s first molt doesn’t seem to be going well. It’s been 72 hours. Humidity is typically 60%. I’ve soaked him with a warm spritz a couple of times and let him dry out again. He then rubs on his sticks and pulls at his face/head but not much progress since the first 6 hours.

Any help or advice much appreciated.
Thanks!

Its going to be stuck for a good while, at least a couple of days, if not till the next shed in a few weeks at that size.

He will bust out of it eventually, just keep an eye on the toes.

You have an issue with either diet, humidity, or temperature.

If you want a cheat code, crush up a vitamin B complex meant for a person, and powder a cricket or two with it. You cant over dose since its water soluble. I will do this with "problem shedders" if i can get the vitamin B 24 hours before the poof. Post poof its not going to help much.

Welcome to the forum!

What supplements are you using specifically and how often do you dust with each? I'm particularly interested in phos, calcium, D3 and the form of vitamin A (prEformed....look for words like retinol, retinyl, acetate, prOformed...look for beta carotene).

@nightanole is right...it's likely diet, humidity or temperature...

Hi. In addition to the above, chameleons are dry shedders, so misting him with water will only cause the shed skin to stick more and make it harder to come off. If you’d like, we can review all of your husbandry just to make sure you’ve got everything correct for your little cutie. Just say the word and I’ll provide the questions you’ll need to answer. :)

Hi. In addition to the above, chameleons are dry shedders, so misting him with water will only cause the shed skin to stick more and make it harder to come off. If you’d like, we can review all of your husbandry just to make sure you’ve got everything correct for your little cutie. Just say the word and I’ll provide the questions you’ll need to answer. :)

Yes the dry shed was my only thing to chime in with glad you noticed.

Thanks for all your feedback. I found https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ through this site.

1. I now think Ozone is a female.
2. My basking spot wasn’t warm enough. I added a heat bulb and she started dancing and is much happier. No longer climbing the ceiling. Good color.
3. I ordered reptile multi vita, calcium and vit b complex powders to be delivered today. I wasn’t dusting and over feeding flies.

Back
Top Bottom