Mojo, male panther

luvbug237

I was outside with my boys today and took some pictures, here is Mojo :)

I do think a vet visit may be in order for him as I've noticed his bars are super dark recently and when I come home for lunch and after work he is always walking around the bottom of his cage. He's never sleeping or laying down, down there so he may just be wondering around... I moved him to a new room a little over a month ago and where he sits now he looks out the window all day long. Is that somehow making him unhappy and want to go venture out? Should I keep the shades closed? I would prefer to keep them open of course for the sun. It's strange because as soon as he sees me walk into the room and go by his cage he seems to lighten up but he never comes running to let him out. I never see him clawing at the screen to get out.

My largest concern for him is his eating and pooping habits. This chameleon will not eat ANYTHING but superworms, not even silk or other worms. I've tried crickets and roaches too... I have tried "starving" him on 2 separate occasions and he will not eat anything other than a superworm. I end up feeding him after about a week because I feel like he is starving! I hate the thought of starving and making him unhappy. It has been a constant struggle for me with him since he turned 1 year old in Feb. Because he will not eat anything but superworms I believe he is always constipated. The last two or three poops have been massive and about 2-3 weeks apart. I need to start writing it down and keep track now that he seems to be struggling with pooping. Mojo only eats 1-3 worms every other 2 days or so. I give him more but he doesn't take them. I see him up basking everyday and he gets water daily but I think he may be stubborn about his water intake too. His urates are white but do have a splash of orange and his poops are always solid but lately I've seen a gelatin type substance along with it. I wish I had pictures. I give him Calcium w/o D3 every couple days since he doesn't eat much.. other crucial vits every other couple weeks. He has a fogger, mister and dripper. Humidity is always above 50% and his basking is about 85* with cooler temps towards the bottom.

You'll also see in these pictures that since his last shed about two weeks ago he has skin left on both arms we have been Q-Tipping daily! This boy is a mess :eek:

Thanks for reading my little rant and I appreciate and welcome all criticisms and comments! I only want to get better. You can of course check out my other posts to see my set up and all day if you need.

Attachments

• 6-17-13 059.jpg
    6-17-13 059.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 6-17-13 044.jpg
    6-17-13 044.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 6-17-13 057.jpg
    6-17-13 057.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 6-17-13 034.jpg
    6-17-13 034.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 6-17-13 030.jpg
    6-17-13 030.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 124
I'm glad Mojo got some outside time too. ;) Maybe he will brighten up with as much outside time as you can give him. Keep up posted on how he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom