Moe's Remodeling

deadhd5

Avid Member
For some reason Moe's huge pothos has been slowly dying for some time (I am about to go autopsy the roots) so it was time for an update!

Let me know what you think.. I am experimenting with a couple orchids for the first time. It is a shame, I broke the flowers off the larger one when securing it to the cage..

NX1000

NX1000

NX1000

Moe isn't a fan of change...

NX1000

looks good eric. moe's got a lot of bridges to walk across. i like the orchids in there and moe looks great!

Looks good. Are the orchids mounted or just hanging? If they are just hanging and the humidity is low, you will definitely need to mist often.

When they are mounted on Cork it helps retain moisture, they usually only need water once per day.

If your room humidity is high you should be good to go like you are with misting twice daily.

looks good eric. moe's got a lot of bridges to walk across. i like the orchids in there and moe looks great!

Thanks Sang!

Looks good. Are the orchids mounted or just hanging? If they are just hanging and the humidity is low, you will definitely need to mist often.

When they are mounted on Cork it helps retain moisture, they usually only need water once per day.

If your room humidity is high you should be good to go like you are with misting twice daily.

They are just hanging, attached with zip ties. I situated the Mistking nozzles to hit them when the mister goes off, which happens 4x a day. The room humidity floor is 60% controlled by a humidistat. I am going to see how that works out and adjust my misting nozzles accordingly.

Eric.. i really like Moes new crib,, lots of horizontal highways to explore!!! in the second picture what is that twisty stick going fron SW to NE? i like it, might have to find myself, i mean Stanley, some. ;)

thanks,, lisa

Eric.. i really like Moes new crib,, lots of horizontal highways to explore!!! in the second picture what is that twisty stick going fron SW to NE? i like it, might have to find myself, i mean Stanley, some. ;)

thanks,, lisa

You can find them at Walmart in the crafts part. I buy them all the time.

thanks,, lisa

Thanks Lisa! I got that stick at Michael's, a craft store. Walmart is a good suggestion though, I bet you would find them there at a better price :) I use them on the freerange, but this is the first time I have tried them in a cage.

That looks really nice. You are inspiring me to make some changes to my cages. I want to try orchids as well.

I am excited about the orchids, they are really amazing plants. The roots were all dry and white when I unpotted them yesterday, but this morning they were turning a healthy looking green :)

Moe is looking awesome! I like his newly decorated enclosure. In time I'm sure he will too.

Thanks Jann... He seems to be settling in and exploring this morning. He has a lot more cover now, so I know he will enjoy the new hiding places :)

love it!!!
and moe!!!

Thanks! Moe was really fired up yesterday, I am lucky I didn't get bit. He was looking good though.

Just wanted to let everyone know the orchids are doing great in Moe's cage! They get hit by the Mistking jets 4x a day for a total of 25 minutes and it seems to be a good balance for them.

The root systems really seem to attract Moe's feeders, and crickets, silkworms, snails all seem to congregate there, which turns into a buffet for Moe.

I couldn't be happier with these additions. I will be remodeling Malcolm's cage this weekend and he will be getting some pretty orchids too!

Back
Top Bottom