Modified Milk Jug feeding cup

I have used the the milk jug and I like that better only becaues it has a bigger opening and two walls that the feeders can use. Dont get me wrong yours is good its ust my personal preference

That jug seemed like a little work to make. I just cut the tops off 1gallon water bottles, throw some bugs in it and then place it in the cage. When my chams are finished eating, I just take the bottle and recycle it. Easy, clean, and almost no work.

u should heat up the sharp ages and it will melt in to around ages that way your cham wont heart his/her tongue

will the cup allow your chameleon to extend his tongue to eat? cause i am using just a normal clear plastic tupiwear but he gets on the branch its hanging on and drops dwn right into it. I heard thats bad cause they can get "lazy tongue" i was wondering if that wrks well with allowing your chameleon to extend his tongue out?

Will that allow your chameleon to extend his tongue? i have a regular clear tupiwear that hangs from a branch but but my little guy goes on the branch above and hangs down and doesnt really extend his tongue. I heard that was bad because they can get "lazy tongue" so i was wondering with that feeder if he actually extends his tongue to eat?

does that cup allow your chameleon to extnd his tongue? i have a regular clear tupiwear thats hanging from a branch but always just goes on the branch and hangs dwn in it. I heard that was bad because it causes "lazy tongue" but it dsnt seem like you wld have that problem?

It depends on your placement within the enclosure. I make mine where it is away from a branch that my cham spends a lot of time on. That way he is less likely to move to the screen and try to get into the cup but will shoot from branch at a distance of about 7 inches.

Thanks for the idea man.. turns out i had all of the supplies already ha! just made one took about 15 minutes... i heated up the rubbermaid container where i cut it open to dull the edges a bit.. will see if it works when stimpy wakes up in the morning!

Use a white milk jug next time that one is a little too see-through and your Cham could try and get something it sees through the jug and hurt it's tongue.

Thanks for sharing this. I am currently having issues with my panther chameleon. He's not very interested in crickets so I don't feed them often because I don't want them bothering him if they go uneaten. He won't eat them out of a deep cup. He loves superworms but I am told they should not be a primary feeder. This is a great solution. I have one question though.

How deep does the bottom have to be to prevent the crickets from jumping out?

Thanks,

Teresa

mine is about 1 1/2 inches deep in the front. It does not guarantee that they will stay in the cup and they can jump out but they tend to just climb the back and hang out.

Thanks! I will try this out. Hopefully if my chameleon can see his bugs he will take to eating out of a cup.

Weed Barrier

My feeder cup has worked out well. I couldn't find the screen so I used some weed barrier I had. This is nice because there's no risk of him poking his tongue. The only thing I would do differently next time is block off the top area, so the crickets can't hide out as easily. That said, my chameleon seems to have no problem picking them off despite the hiding spot. I'm keeping my eye out for a nicer looking or better color cup or jug to use next time. Thanks again for the idea!

Attachments

• feedercup.jpg
    feedercup.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 295
I've gotta say, I made one of these and my chameleon discovered it and LOVES it. So do I. No more wasted crickets dying at the bottom of my 4 foot cage.

Back
Top Bottom