Mitsio lines

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
I wanted to show the changes in patterns with these guys as the line gets further down the F Generation. First are the Grandsires, the start of it all.

Attachments

• GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 234
  • murcie_200.jpg
    murcie_200.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Mufasa.jpg
    Mufasa.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 181
Then a couple of their offspring, F1

Attachments

• 100_1885.JPG
    100_1885.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Kryptonitebright.jpg
    Kryptonitebright.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Lexus.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Murcie'sgal.jpg
    Murcie'sgal.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
Then some F2's from the above F1's. Check out the barring. Not one of the original WC males showed anything like it.

Attachments

• Cujo.JPG
    Cujo.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Cujo2.JPG
    Cujo2.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Goblin.JPG
    Goblin.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Jackle.JPG
    Jackle.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 178
I love these guys when they look like the first male in the F1. The black eyes and rims are awesome against the yellows, greens, and reds.

Awesome animals!

Man that is a awesome observation and documentation on how the generations change.
Nice pics too I love the red eyes

What would be even more interesting would be to see the family trees of each of the F2's how much "new" blood was bread in? I am super interested in the Genetics and Genotypes of these creatures. It's one thing to see the males of each generation but it's another to see the females of each generation and the males those females are from and see how it all comes together to form the F1, F2, F3 generations. Thanks for posting these photos Drew!!

Female, lexus, from GT3 was mated to Mufasa which produced Kryptonite. Kryptonite was mated to the female in the second group from Murcie which produced the last group.

Some pretty big color variations from WC to F2 here with Mitsio. I would like to see the F generations of other locales like Ambilobe and Nosy Be. I tried with Nosy Faly down the F generation and they got called crosses. Without looking at the original WC's some would say these are Ambilobe. Again the variations that show up down the line. Your thoughts?

Some pretty big color variations from WC to F2 here with Mitsio. I would like to see the F generations of other locales like Ambilobe and Nosy Be. I tried with Nosy Faly down the F generation and they got called crosses. Without looking at the original WC's some would say these are Ambilobe. Again the variations that show up down the line. Your thoughts?

you can get the faly one from raiden.. you look at raiden, then go to bobbie, then you go to bobbies boy there you go an if you look at the pics not much of a diff thru that line no major color changes in the look.... theres my thoughts

;) Interesting thoughts for sure. I think the difference between the WC diets and the ones we put our chams on definitely contributes to the variation in looks. You are what you eat! (after all)

I see your point. However I provided many, many pics of all of Raiden babies and they all look completely different with many color variations, with the exeption of Ziggy who was almost identical to Raiden. I see your boy looks like Bobbie. However that is only one chameleon from one clutch Rob. I would like you to document all the clutches from Bobbie with pics of them ALL full grown. Then tell me that they all look the same. I am comparing many. You are comparing one same male (Bobbie). This is proof that it happens in other locales. So lets drop the Faly topic, cause we all know your opinion you have made that very clear to many of us.

you can get the faly one from raiden.. you look at raiden, then go to bobbie, then you go to bobbies boy there you go an if you look at the pics not much of a diff thru that line no major color changes in the look.... theres my thoughts

We need to see the male clutch mates to the Murcie female! My bet would be the males from the same clutch as the Murcie female you mated with had some different coloration. Because WC and F1 look the same.

This is exactly where I am going with ALL panther locales. Many other well respected breeders/importers back this.

;) Interesting thoughts for sure. I think the difference between the WC diets and the ones we put our chams on definitely contributes to the variation in looks. You are what you eat! (after all)

Vince used to have a few posted on his site from Murcie. They were removed about a year ago. They did look similar with a bit more reds.

We need to see the male clutch mates to the Murcie female! My bet would be the males from the same clutch as the Murcie female you mated with had some different coloration. Because WC and F1 look the same.

Vince used to have a few posted on his site from Murcie. They were removed about a year ago. They did look similar with a bit more reds.

Similar to Murcie or similar to your posted F2's? So what happened with Vincent's line of Matsio's? Because it's been a long time since we have seen any come to market from them correct? It is all very interesting that is for sure, and ultimately comes back to nature vs. nurture argument.

Last edited:
Similar to Murcie. I found vids of wild Mitsio showing the same similar barring traits. One is completely green while the other showing the reds and blues while in persuit of a female. Same as these guys (F2) The barring really comes out while in sight of a girl. With CB it is more distinguished. It does come straight from wild Maddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99vj8LvRBss

Back
Top Bottom