MistKing!

LukeTheLizard

Avid Member
So I’m going to get a mistking(woohoo!😆) and I have some questions about it. I want to get the starter system, but should I get the v4 or v5? What’s the difference between them? And what accessories should I get? The ZipDrip? The metal bulkhead? The screen top wedge? The plus pack? What suggestions do you guys have? What experiences?

How did you put the tube and nozzle in the cage? Did you just poke a hole?

Can I see a pic of your mistking set-up?

Yay, congrats!!! I personally have the mistking v5 starter. The standard setup of this version should come with a metal bulkhead I believe? Mine did... screen top wedge is a good purchase. The wedge stabilizes the nozzle. Getting two corners can be beneficial. I have a single nozzle in the left corner and a double nozzle in the right. You can add this on. Zip drip, I do not have, but the nozzles can have quite a heavy drip after a misting... so if your nozzles are placed over a feeding run/bowl or water-sensitive plant, a zip drip may be helpful...

I'm not sure if i bought the 4 or 5. It came with everything needed except for the reservoir bucket.

Attachments

• 20210406_204346.jpg
    20210406_204346.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210406_204424.jpg
    20210406_204424.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210406_204536.jpg
    20210406_204536.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210406_204638.jpg
    20210406_204638.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 83
So I’m going to get a mistking(woohoo!😆) and I have some questions about it. I want to get the starter system, but should I get the v4 or v5? What’s the difference between them?
IIRC, about $20. I asked the same question a couple of times but never got an answer.
That said, the difference is the timers. V5 is supposed to be better somehow. You might try comparing the specs of each on the MK site. For the incremental $20, I bought V5. YMMV.

And what accessories should I get? The ZipDrip? The metal bulkhead? The screen top wedge? The plus pack? What suggestions do you guys have? What experiences?
I'd pass on the zipdrip; my nozzles don't drip more than a couple drops right at shutoff.
I believe the metal bulkhead is now standard; that's what came with mine, and that's what's shown in the "items included" pic.

IMO, you will need 2 nozzles and 2 wedges for a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure—one of each at the top front corners of the enclosure. One nozzle comes with the kit. It looks like that nozzle comes with an L (elbow) connection. Order the other nozzle with a T connection so you can run tubing from the pump to the T, then on to the L terminus. Later, if you expand, you can disconnect and replace the L with another T.

I found better prices at dealers than from MK or Amazon; some include shipping.

The directions can be a bit obscure, and could be better organized, but if you stick with them and read the whole book, you should be fine (IIRC, some tips are in odd places.)

Due to space, I went with a rectangular reservoir, and installed the bulkhead in a bottom corner so I could tip the reservoir and not have 2"-3" of unusable water in the bottom. Rectangular reservoirs are also supposed to make better bulkhead seals than round reservoirs. 🤷‍♂️

1617810657427.jpeg

Do like the book says: keep the bulkhead a few inches above the pump intake, and 12" min. tubing between the reservoir and pump, and everything should be copacetic.

Any questions, come back here. :)

Last edited:
I just got my mistaking on eBay for $130. The v4. Should around on the 8th. What’s better? The 5 gal bucket or a square resovior?

I just got my mistaking on eBay for $130. The v4. Should around on the 8th. What’s better? The 5 gal bucket or a square resovior?
Depends on your situation. My decision was based on available space as much as recommendations. Some people have had no problems with round and the metal bulkheads. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

ymmv? I think the square one is better. Do to the fact of curve on bucket. But I guess like u said depends on situation. But I’ll see ones it arrives. Thinking about getting another nozzle with the elbow. Got a 4x3 enclosure

Got a 4x3 enclosure
4 wide? In that case, you may need 3-4 nozzles. I have a 48"W x 24"D x 48"H. I emailed both MistKing and the enclosure mfr.; both said 4 nozzles—going across the front: single—double—single but I have 3 equally spaced (L, C, R) and that works fine. IDK about 3' deep though; these things seem to have a range of about 2 ft., though with aiming or creative placement, that may be enough.

I wondered about across the front instead of other locations, but while installing them I realized what a PITA it could be should I have to get in there and work on them. If you have a walk-in or something, that may not be a problem.

4 wide? In that case, you may need 3-4 nozzles. I have a 48"W x 24"D x 48"H. I emailed both MistKing and the enclosure mfr.; both said 4 nozzles—going across the front: single—double—single but I have 3 equally spaced (L, C, R) and that works fine. IDK about 3' deep though; these things seem to have a range of about 2 ft., though with aiming or creative placement, that may be enough.

I wondered about across the front instead of other locations, but while installing them I realized what a PITA it could be should I have to get in there and work on them. If you have a walk-in or something, that may not be a problem.
It’s a 4 tall 3 wide. Prob will get the double nozzle for sure

I think you could probably make that work. Certainly worth a try. If not, I would add 2 more nozzles for one on each corner, connected in series. These pumps are so good (designed for up to 10 nozzles) IDT you'd have any noticeable pressure drop between first and last nozzles. (y)

... and you just can't hide it.
You're about to lose control and you think you like it!
:LOL:

It's not that big a deal. It's a good solid misting system that should operate relatively issue-free,
but if you do have any issues (and many do during set up—like I said, the manual could be better)
come back & ask. Lots of threads in the archives and videos on YT on set up, operation, and programming the timer (the biggest PITA for me; I didn't find it very intuitive). Nothing to be afraid of or intimidated by.

Once set up & running, it's been great so long as i remember to check & fill the reservoir every few days. 🤪 For the first couple months I marked how much water I added on the calendar. Then I averaged it out (like figuring your gas mileage) so we knew how much distilled water we had to buy each week on the grocery list. ;)

One more thing, how much is shipping, I didn’t see where it said if it was free or a couple dollars..
:confused: ??? 🤷‍♂️

Who? It depends on who you're buying it from, where they're shipping it to, and how.
AFAIK, MistKing charges for shipping.

We ordered ours from some pet supply company Missus found online. It was $120 instead of $150, and shipping was included. They also had better prices on accessories, etc. Shop around.

Back
Top Bottom