MistKing works great, until it doesn't!

Kmw

I really like the MistKing.
But every once in a while it just stops spraying. There is water, the motor is going.. just nothing is happening.

and the only way I found to fix it is to unhook all the tubes, drain the water from it, and hook it back up.

Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have calcium or sodium build up in your tubes.

it happens sometimes.

try running.. i think vinager.. (but not sure, do more reserach first) through the system and see if that fixes it.

Or your nozzles may be getting clogged? White vinegar will dissolve most of that mineral buildup in the tubes or nozzles. For the nozzles, you can let them soak in it first, and then try running some through.

I've had the same nozzles for 2 years now and they do clog every so often since I use tap, but it's not difficult to get them back to new.

Yeah if you run tap water thru them sooner or later it will happen. White vinegar to clean. You can run distilled or water thru a ro/di filter before the mistking and basically eliminate the problem going forward.

Some helpful tips

Obviously don't run the vinegar through the lines and mist in the cage... Soaking the nozzle tip in vinegar will help. I highly doubt you have enough calcium build up in the lines to make the line clog. That'd be one massive 'tumor' of calcium. Try soaking just the tip (removed from the elbow fitting with a wrench) and leave it over night.

Now.... If the mist doesn't seem to be any different than when it was new, there is something maybe wrong with the pump or there could be an issue with the zip drip if you have one hooked up to the system. The zip drip valve and is a normally open valve. If the valve isn't getting power when the pump is on, the flow will be bypassed, and will not flow to the misting nozzle.

So my suggestion... check the wiring if you have a zip drip valve and if soak the nozzles if the spray seems to be different from when they were first new. If no zip drip, maybe pump is faulty. Also, could be a physical clog of hair, plastic, dirt or debris on the filter inside of the nozzle tip (not sure if mistking uses the little screens in the nozzle tips like AquaZamp does).

Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom