Mistking: What is all the hype about?

jaglon53

Hello All,
Just voicing my opinion. I have been using a LLL reptile mister moisture system for about 4 yrs. Great mist but stays on for about two extra minutes after it turns off. So after years of frustration with the mister moisture I put out the money for a Mist king Ultimate system as was everyones recomendation on this forum. It took a while to get it up and running but got it running without the zip drip valve (my fault it took a while to get running. Not the best handyman) and managed to break a collet off. The system seems like it is made in china with cheap parts. I have seen the mistking that were made years ago and they were much better quality all around pumps included. For the price and the quality of equipment and the quality of the mist it is subpar at best. It just doesnt pump out a good quality mist. The mister moisture which is $50 has such a better mist just going to use my mistking timer (only good thing that came out of the sytem) for the mister moisture and do a little work on it to fix the kinks. I just dont know why everyone praises this mister because when I talk to most of the companies who sell chams and Mistkings they dont even use one because its not powerful enough. Just curious if anyone else shares this opinion or has had similar issues and uses another misting systems. Not trying to piss anyone off just HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED ! THANKS

Hello All,
Just voicing my opinion. I have been using a LLL reptile mister moisture system for about 4 yrs. Great mist but stays on for about two extra minutes after it turns off. So after years of frustration with the mister moisture I put out the money for a Mist king Ultimate system as was everyones recomendation on this forum. It took a while to get it up and running but got it running without the zip drip valve (my fault it took a while to get running. Not the best handyman) and managed to break a collet off. The system seems like it is made in china with cheap parts. I have seen the mistking that were made years ago and they were much better quality all around pumps included. For the price and the quality of equipment and the quality of the mist it is subpar at best. It just doesnt pump out a good quality mist. The mister moisture which is $50 has such a better mist just going to use my mistking timer (only good thing that came out of the sytem) for the mister moisture and do a little work on it to fix the kinks. I just dont know why everyone praises this mister because when I talk to most of the companies who sell chams and Mistkings they dont even use one because its not powerful enough. Just curious if anyone else shares this opinion or has had similar issues and uses another misting systems. Not trying to piss anyone off just HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED ! THANKS

Hmmm Did you try and get in touch with mistking? sounds like you may have a faulty system. Never heard of a mist king with a bad mist, unless it was a faulty pump or nozzle. Im sure they will be more then willing to help you out with whatever they can. Personally i disagree with you 100% but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Hope it works out for you. It is a great setup you might just have a bad part.

I'm guessing something is wrong with your system. Mine works beautifully. The customer support is excellent, hope you can get it working!

Mine works great! Right now I'm running 8 nozzles through about 75 feet of hose... mists great! Great customer service aswell, Marty has always helped me out. Contact them and I would bet they make it right. Cheers! To add one more thing.... My mist king is one of the few things I have purchased that I really feel isnt junk. It's not cheaply made or designed to break. It does what I expect of it flawlessly, always.

Last edited:
Hmm I have 4 cages One after the other, mist is great no complains. I have had mybsystem for more than a year now. Personally I love it.

I've never used the mister moisture system but I have 22 nozzles on my mistking and have no problem with it not being powerful enough. Most of us aren't looking to create a torrential downpour in our enclosures but rather are looking for an effective fine mist that will cause water droplet formation on leaves and branches in the enclosure to trigger drinking and maintain humidity. I'm quite pleased with my mistking and any time I've ever had a problem or concern, Marty has been extremely helpful in helping me solve it.

Chris

i love my mistking it has been great i have had mine for a lil over 6 months its hooked up to 7 nozzles and never a issue sprays 5 times a day with no problem thanks again marty

Damian:D

The majority has it. It works well and is fairly priced. Never hear any bad things about it and when I do, they are easily resolved.

If you have been having problems with your system I'd go with Aqua Zamp, their nozzles along with everything else is made in the US. :) That will be my misting system when I get one. I have heard lots of great stuff but of course everyone has their own opinions. Sorry yours was crappy and hope you resolve your problem... Good luck!

hey, I will take it off your hands and I am in Bucks county for the next few months...... Love my MistKing, but my Cham family is presently being housed in 2 different locations, while I am relocating to the west coast.

Please contact me and I will gladly replace the whole system for you with a brand new one if needed - free of charge of course! There is no reason why you should be unhappy with the system. The pump used now is by far the most robust pump we ever stocked and I will run it wet or dry against any pump you can find on the market today. We're always tweaking things to make them better and we stand 100% behind our products. Common reason for bad mist is improper installation.

Mister Moister IS LOUD AS HELL!!! oh my gosh I heard a Mist King run, its like bread on butter and mister moister is nails on a chalk board.

I would have gladly paid the extra 100 for mist king over my mister moister. Plus mister moister can't run dry or it can instantly break. I might just even use my mister moister strictly outdoors over summer where it can go be loud as hell and I will buy a Mist King for my indoor cages.

I'm sorry must Mist King is pretty dang good. You really get your moneys worth in my opinion.

my system works perfect. if you broke stuff putting it together maybe its not connected right. if you got the biggest pump to run a few nozzles that might be your problem also.

im sure marty will hook you up but so far it sounds like user error.

Mist king

Hello All,

Yes I talked with my chams breeder yesterday and he uses Mistking, has had several pumps fail on him. I like the aquazamp option to buy without a timer so that I can use my own.

My system is the older one but I bought newer valves and a newer pump. I didn't have a problem with either not being powerful enough. I have seven nozzles and they all put out a really fine mist,

if youre not happy with the mist king, aquazamp is a very good alternative. ive had mine for a few months and have no complaints whatsoever. very fine mist and everything feels nice and sturdy. plus it comes with a 4 gallon reservoir with mounting holes in the top for the pump.

Cool, made in the U.S.!!! I hope Mistking hasn't cut corners with cheep parts. That happened to me with a mechanical product I really liked. Years ago, I bought an automatic cat-pan cleaner, I forgot the brand name. The the first one i bought was great and made of sturdy quality materials. I bought a second one 2 years later (the same model) but it was cheaply made with unreliable mechanics & it still had the same expensive price. I'll never buy another one.

Majority rules I am now considering purchasing one of these systems. Sucks you had a bad experience though. I ordered a MotoMister I have only had the dang thing for like a day and it runs like crap! I even replaced the batteries. So now using the hand mister again and drip system. :(

Jaglon, I got a bit of a beating in this thread from you. I've been trying to fix things up for you to make sure you 100% happy with your install, but it's been hard communicating with you. I get crazy amount of mail and want to make sure that you're where you should be with your setup. I'm afraid that if I don't hear from you in a few more weeks, I'll simply forget about this and at some point this will re-surface. I'd much rather resolve things for you ASAP. Please e-mail me.

Zerpda: the multiple failed pumps, were 1 failed power adapter, which got replaced. All is well on that front.

Back
Top Bottom