Mistking Troubleshooting

Corey210

Hi, I’ve been having some issues with my Mistking. Attached is a video showing what I am explaining here. I’ve dry ran my pump before and I’m very familiar with priming the pump and the importance of gravity feeding my pump. I noticed some times yesterday my mist went off but the mist was very shallow and weak. I continued to watch and slowly is faded to no mist. I have gone through almost every forum and website and even contacted Mistking customer support. With no luck. I even made length adjustment to all my cords and rearranged my setup. I was tinkering with options to see what the problem was, I noticed there was no drip from the nozzles, so I assumed no water was making it through the cords, I unplugged the first nozzle hose and no water was present, I put the cord in the air and waited a few minutes and noticed no water was traveling up the hose. So the water pressure suddenly drop for some reason, keep in mind I have had very little issues with the mist king, so I am looking for someone’s else opinion. I followed someone’s advice and soaked my nozzles in vinegar water mixture and still same promblem, no water pressure it seemsVideo

I know you’ve said that you’ve tried everything, but is your water reservoir higher than your pump? Have you tried disconnecting the outflow tubing at the pump while it’s running, turn it off and then reattach it?

I know you’ve said that you’ve tried everything, but is your water reservoir higher than your pump? Have you tried disconnecting the outflow tubing at the pump while it’s running, turn it off and then reattach it?
Yes I have :) I thought maybe something was stuck in one of my lines or even my pump, I know water is not reaching the first nozzle, and I am very open to any thoughts that could help me
Fix it

It sounds like the problem is your pump is lacking the oomph to provide enough pressure to push the water up the line. If you’ve tried everything else, it might be time to replace the pump. Try again to contact Mist King customer support. I’ve only needed to contact them once and they were responsive.

Are you handy enough to open the pump head and inspect the pump diaphragm? It could be torn or damaged it sounds like.

Could also be stuck and need lubrication with some type grease or something... maybe a water based lubricant to get things moving.

If you have to replace the pump anyway might as well go in and check it out.

Have you been using tap water? If so you may have killed the pump especially if you have really hard water where you live. If no water is getting to your nozzles and you have bled the line then this would indicate a pump issue and not a nozzle issue. If you have not bled the line you need to remove a nozzle and start the pump until water comes out the end of the line then hook back into the nozzle. Start it again. If no water is spraying out the nozzle after you confirm that the water runs the line then your nozzle may be shot.

Have you been using tap water? If so you may have killed the pump especially if you have really hard water where you live. If no water is getting to your nozzles and you have bled the line then this would indicate a pump issue and not a nozzle issue. If you have not bled the line you need to remove a nozzle and start the pump until water comes out the end of the line then hook back into the nozzle. Start it again. If no water is spraying out the nozzle after you confirm that the water runs the line then your nozzle may be shot.
What you mean bie nozzle being short ? Cause iam having the same issue he is having but water is dripping out the nozzle there is flow but don’t seem like enough

Mist head nozzle same thing. Have u been using tap water and not distilled or ro water. Depending on how bad your water is it can clog mist heads faster then u think.

Or if your water line in the reservoir went down below the valve for the tubing you would now have air in your lines which means you have to bleed your line. Disconnect at the top where it hooks into the misting head. Point the hose down into the cage and press then hold the up button on your mistking timer. This will trigger it to run. It will push the air out of the line then when you see water flowing you stop pushing the button and push the tube immediately back into the nozzle. Then trigger the misting timer again to make sure you have spray. Still no spray then your nozzle may be shot if your using tap water.

Back
Top Bottom