MistKing setup issue solved

PistachioG

Just thought I’d share what finally worked with Pistachio’s enclosure in case it helps someone else. I have heavy planting on both corners with one side full of pothos and the other side is basking and a lipstick plant which all prevented corner misting from working. It either would hit the plant and go nowhere else or would saturate mostly the basking area and plants below. Placing it between center and the right corner seems to be the sweet spot(in this enclosure) to reach several plants, barely mist the basking and stays inside the enclosure and doesn’t get the lights wet. Whew! Yes, I made 3 sets of holes in the screen to get there. Also, I found with the mister placed well that I don’t get as much water pooling at the bottom because it spreads in the air and rests on the plants and evaporates from there. Next step is getting drainage in.

Attachments

• 05AEBAD7-3476-462C-BE76-87B417E338E7.jpeg
    05AEBAD7-3476-462C-BE76-87B417E338E7.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 73
honestly wish i saw this sooner. im afraid to move my nozzles since theres already a hole in both corners but honestly idk why i ever listened to the idea of doing corners. immediately knew I was doomed when I turned it on lol barely any of my plants are getting watered but if i had done it in the middle and maybe up a tad i feel it wouldve worked better and I think about this all the time. im glad u shared this because now I really am tempted to move them lol idk how to patch the holes though

honestly wish i saw this sooner. im afraid to move my nozzles since theres already a hole in both corners but honestly idk why i ever listened to the idea of doing corners. immediately knew I was doomed when I turned it on lol barely any of my plants are getting watered but if i had done it in the middle and maybe up a tad i feel it wouldve worked better and I think about this all the time. im glad u shared this because now I really am tempted to move them lol idk how to patch the holes though
The sticky side of Velcro sticks in the mesh well. Holes are probably not an issue unless you want to feed flies and moths anyway. Replacement screen tops are also not too pricey given the cost of the whole setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 64
You can get a screen patch kit at HD. You cut to size and use blow dryer heat to make it adhere

Back
Top Bottom