Mistking reservoir question

MnGuy

My Mistking starter kit just arrived today.

Can I just put the intake tube into the top of a reservoir and weigh it down at the bottom?

Or, do I really have to drill a hole and use the bulkhead?

Thanks.

Make sure you get a drill bit the size that they recommend too big and it does not seal tight and will leak. But you can get creative in your water container. I did a large pet food container that has a lid that locks down. Takes up much less space in my cabinet then the 5 gallon bucket.

@Brodybreaux25 I need to do this for my Parsons. I go through 30ish gallons of water a week with him....
You can easily install this in a few hours if your somewhat handy. Almost took longer to completely hide all the hoses/drains/parts than it did to actually make all the connections. I hate seeing any of the behind the scenes equipment, ruins the whole look. Since I went bioactive a few months ago my vivs are pretty much 100% automated. All I do is feed them and watch out for mold...

You can easily install this in a few hours if your somewhat handy. Almost took longer to completely hide all the hoses/drains/parts than it did to actually make all the connections. I hate seeing any of the behind the scenes equipment, ruins the whole look. Since I went bioactive a few months ago my vivs are pretty much 100% automated. All I do is feed them and watch out for mold...

I'm not super handy, mainly due to lack of experience, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

I have the RO line running to my reservoirs. I just have to turn on the water 1x a week and let it fill. And then I have a pump that drains the drainage water into the yard once every 3 days. So not too bad

Learn from my mistakes! Do not install the automatic resovior without the continuous drainage, I learned the hard way! At that time I wasn’t using the MistKing timer, I was using a programmable WiFi enabled power outlet. Well one day the timer kicked on as scheduled but failed to deactivate on schedule, I’m at work while all this is going on. $1300 of water damage later I finally come home to my own little pond I’m my living room. I would have sworn both my Chams were grinning and laughing at me when I walked in like “What? What did you want me to do about it?!”

Learn from my mistakes! Do not install the automatic resovior without the continuous drainage, I learned the hard way! At that time I wasn’t using the MistKing timer, I was using a programmable WiFi enabled power outlet. Well one day the timer kicked on as scheduled but failed to deactivate on schedule, I’m at work while all this is going on. $1300 of water damage later I finally come home to my own little pond I’m my living room. I would have sworn both my Chams were grinning and laughing at me when I walked in like “What? What did you want me to do about it?!”

What'd we say about no standing water in chameleon enclosures?! smh

Will definitely make note of that. Lol

Back
Top Bottom