Mistking Pump Failure?

Hi y'all, it appears the pump to my MistKing setup has stopped running. Not sure what exactly happened, but it stopped producing mist, and I can't hear the pump humming, meaning either the pump itself has failed, or the perhaps the power adapter got water damage and died? I believe there is a 2 year warranty on the pump, but it has just passed 2 years.

I am wondering if it is the pump itself that has failed, or if it is simply the pump power adapter. Is there a way I could find this out? It appears I'll have to order at least one of these parts from Marty from MistKing, but am wondering if I need to purchase both, or if there may be cheaper alternatives to the fix.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Li

CL,

Give LB's advice a shot. Hopefully that's it. However, if you don't hear anything from the pump and it doesn't prime up, chances are that your power adaptor has gone the way of the dodo. If it were me, I'd give Marty a call and explain to him what's happening. I'm hoping that it's just the adaptor as this is the more "cost effective" fix. Let us know. I love my mistking.

You may need to prime you pump if you ran it dry. Refill the water up and unplug the out flow and let the water run a second or two.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try in the morning. I happened to be out of town for the last week, so perhaps my family members did let it run dry while I was away.

Wouldn't the pump still make a humming sound though if it were "on" and operational? I'll let you know what happens! Thanks again.

Li

CL,

Give LB's advice a shot. Hopefully that's it. However, if you don't hear anything from the pump and it doesn't prime up, chances are that your power adaptor has gone the way of the dodo. If it were me, I'd give Marty a call and explain to him what's happening. I'm hoping that it's just the adaptor as this is the more "cost effective" fix. Let us know. I love my mistking.

Thanks for your thoughts! I will definitely give it a try. Yeah, I noticed that the adapter was much cheaper to replace; I did send an email to Marty earlier in the day, asking for his advice as well. The MistKing IS great... it sure does beat hand misting :D

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try in the morning. I happened to be out of town for the last week, so perhaps my family members did let it run dry while I was away.

Wouldn't the pump still make a humming sound though if it were "on" and operational? I'll let you know what happens! Thanks again.

Li

Hi there, I just experienced this very problem myself. I'm new with the system and accidentally let it run dry this afternoon. I refilled the reservoir and held the on override button for 3 minutes, nothing, just drips from the nozzles. Luckily, I read someone's post who suggested taking the tube out where it connects to the nozzles, then tried turning it on again - water started flowing within a few seconds. I let it run for 30secs to get any air out, plugged the tube back in, and it is running like a dream again. Good luck!

@MSMorgan @ChamLB @Striders_mom
Which button is the override button? The one with the R next to it? I don't believe my system was ever left to run dry, but I was out of town and had family help out, so I'm not 100% sure. There is absolute no humming, so I think I'm just going to buy a new set up. I'm leaving the country for 4 months, and I can't count on my brothers waking up early enough to mist my guy, so this is my only option now.

This is where my override button is...if I hold it down for about 6 or 7 seconds, the mister will come on for as long as I keep that button pressed. It doesn't affect my program schedule either, so I can use it as a bonus spray (or when I need to disconnect the tube cuz I ran my pump dry ). We may have different timers though.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 153
This is where my override button is...if I hold it down for about 6 or 7 seconds, the mister will come on for as long as I keep that button pressed. It doesn't affect my program schedule either, so I can use it as a bonus spray (or when I need to disconnect the tube cuz I ran my pump dry ). We may have different timers though.
Oh okay, I see. Thanks for the pic. I have the older setup, yes. Not sure why I didn't think of this, but I'm going to use a multimeter to determine if the adapter has a current. just need to figure out how to use the darn thing...

If you set your multi meter on dc you can unplug the connections and place a lead on eather terminal, if you do it backwards you will get a negative voltage reading but you will not damage anything, the only damage you could cause is jamming the leads into the terminals, you only need gentle contact.

Sorry I am not good at describing things in text form.

Hope this helps.

if your display comes on its not the power supply, because it runs the pump and timer. take the display out and connect the power pack directly to the pump. does it hum/push water then? if so then you have a bad wire/connection/timer.

also, isnt the power pack 24v? if you using a multimeter and its 24v you would use the 200v option. if you use the 20v option and theres 24v coming through it wont read it.

if your display comes on its not the power supply, because it runs the pump and timer. take the display out and connect the power pack directly to the pump. does it hum/push water then? if so then you have a bad wire/connection/timer.

I'm confused by what you mean by display. Are you referring to the display on the meter? I just know every thing I have tried has resulted in well, nothing... no humming, no vibrating, no nothin'.

I am about 80% sure it is the adapter that has failed. i just ordered a new one; I really hope it fixes the issue.

also, isnt the power pack 24v? if you using a multimeter and its 24v you would use the 200v option. if you use the 20v option and theres 24v coming through it wont read it.

I use an auto ranging meter myself but my understanding 20v range will read anything with 2 digits eg. 10v or 99v

Back
Top Bottom