Mistking on its way!!

If it's from outside of the bulkhead between that and the plastic of the reservoir then it isn't the pipe. I didnt bother with a pipe cutter just used a Stanley knife.

I'd be tempted to drill the hole slightly smaller and sand to fit.
That way you'll be sure your drilled hole isn't that fraction to big.
Is there a special sand piece I would have to buy? Also if 9/16 is their recommended small hole how smaller would you go?

I just used a normal piece of rough sand paper.
I'm in the UK so not sure on the US measurements. I used a 14mm drill bit which left me less than 1mm smaller than needed and sanded from there.
Just wrap the paper round a smaller drill bit, push in and out as you go round a few times. Try the bulkhead every 4 or 5 sands of the hole and eventually you'll be able to screw the bulkhead in.

Then just tighten it up by hand until you need a spanner. They're only plastic so don't over tighten, just tighten the nut enough so the rubber washer starts to compress in. give the nut 3/4 of a turn and try it. If it drips try another 1/4 turn to tighten some more.

It's a bit of trial and error but should be fine.
I've attached some pics of my reservoir. Not the best as it's half full and out of the way but I just used a plastic 9litre office storage box with a clip on lid.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 101
I just used a normal piece of rough sand paper.
I'm in the UK so not sure on the US measurements. I used a 14mm drill bit which left me less than 1mm smaller than needed and sanded from there.
Just wrap the paper round a smaller drill bit, push in and out as you go round a few times. Try the bulkhead every 4 or 5 sands of the hole and eventually you'll be able to screw the bulkhead in.

Then just tighten it up by hand until you need a spanner. They're only plastic so don't over tighten, just tighten the nut enough so the rubber washer starts to compress in. give the nut 3/4 of a turn and try it. If it drips try another 1/4 turn to tighten some more.

It's a bit of trial and error but should be fine.
I've attached some pics of my reservoir. Not the best as it's half full and out of the way but I just used a plastic 9litre office storage box with a clip on lid.
Alright I will try once I get those pieces in from MistKing!

I cut my tubing with a sharp razer was pretty easy tbh still got some left for my larger cage too (y). you feel when the tubing connects needs a good push, Rubber O-Ring most go on outside of res.

They also have a ultimate bulkhead you can order it separately it has 2 O-rings for both sides, never had a problem with the regular one though and I use a food grade bucket. Make sure not to strip it since both are plastic only need to hand tighten and a slight twist with wrench.

I cut my tubing with a sharp razer was pretty easy tbh still got some left for my larger cage too (y). you feel when the tubing connects needs a good push, Rubber O-Ring most go on outside of res.

They also have a ultimate bulkhead you can order it separately it has 2 O-rings for both sides, never had a problem with the regular one though and I use a food grade bucket. Make sure not to strip it since both are plastic only need to hand tighten and a slight twist with wrench.
Okay so ill do it on the outside and I think I should be good I just need a new bucket hahah. I ordered 15' of more tubing and their tube cutter because later im connecting my veiled chameleons cage too i just cant find a big enough base for his cage he has the extra large reptibreeze:eek:

Okay so ill do it on the outside and I think I should be good I just need a new bucket hahah. I ordered 15' of more tubing and their tube cutter because later im connecting my veiled chameleons cage too i just cant find a big enough base for his cage he has the extra large reptibreeze:eek:
If O-ring was on the inside that's why it leaked manual tells you too install it on outside. I had enough with the 14 feet for small and large cage(y). The tubing is cheap and can be gotten from other places most of the cost of the package is the silent pump and timer, nozzle.

I own a climist, probably about the same set up and design. Comes with one head, but can attach up to 8 I believe. $119
Do you keep a water heater in your reservoir? Getting a climist in 2 weeks. I ask because my Breeder recommended a water heater in the reservoir to keep the mist nice and warm.

If O-ring was on the inside that's why it leaked manual tells you too install it on outside. I had enough with the 14 feet for small and large cage(y). The tubing is cheap and can be gotten from other places most of the cost of the package is the silent pump and timer, nozzle.
Oh no wonder i must have missed it omg i feel so dumb but i tried in and out and it still leaked? Yea I ordered allot to make sure it was all new with no holes or anything.

It was recomended by Bruce Galbraith From Chameleon Paradise. Dude knows what he talking about. I was just curious if you did. I personally dont trust those submersible water heaters.
Well everyone treats things differently id rather not just because id like it to be theyre normal room temp because in the wild its come down the same temp as the surrounding temp that day not warm. I also dont trust the heater might overheat and spray boiling water at my cham but thats just me ive had too many things malfunction on me hahha

Well everyone treats things differently id rather not just because id like it to be theyre normal room temp because in the wild its come down the same temp as the surrounding temp that day not warm. I also dont trust the heater might overheat and spray boiling water at my cham but thats just me ive had too many things malfunction on me hahha
I feel the same, dont trust them heaters at all!

Do you keep a water heater in your reservoir? Getting a climist in 2 weeks. I ask because my Breeder recommended a water heater in the reservoir to keep the mist nice and warm.
We do use a water heater in our res. Typically, they will quit working rather than over heat. High end ones have safeguards that will shut it down if it gets too hot.
The thought behind it is the warmer water boosts the humidity in the enclosure.

We do use a water heater in our res. Typically, they will quit working rather than over heat. High end ones have safeguards that will shut it down if it gets too hot.
The thought behind it is the warmer water boosts the humidity in the enclosure.
Oh that's true it would boost humidity but wouldn't that only work in close sides cages if it's open like mine like if I tried that won't it just not matter since it all escapes anyways?

Oh that's true it would boost humidity but wouldn't that only work in close sides cages if it's open like mine like if I tried that won't it just not matter since it all escapes anyways?
It does evaporate quicker in an open cage, but it still increases it for a while. It brought our humidity up from around 58% while spraying without the heater to 68% after we installed it. With our plants in the enclosure, the soil is moistened and warmed at the same time which holds the humidity longer.

It does evaporate quicker in an open cage, but it still increases it for a while. It brought our humidity up from around 58% while spraying without the heater to 68% after we installed it. With our plants in the enclosure, the soil is moistened and warmed at the same time which holds the humidity longer.
Wow I guess it does help and if you're get the high end heater it looks like a good deal.

Bruce Galbraith told me he likes to use a heater because they are cold blooded and the warm water helps. Also for humidity purposes

Back
Top Bottom